Arty issues in V4?

Hi All!

I've noticed something in the last couple of games I have played in  CMBN, CMRT and CMFB since the upgrade. I have had FO's call for arty (both 105 and rockets) and spend up to 20 turns SPOTTING! The FO had clear LOS for both arty and direct fire throughout the entire target area. Every turn the arty looses a round on the ammo count, but nothing on the board. Arty has been either Regular or Veteran and 0 to +1. This happens no matter where on the board the target has been placed.  Only seen this since V4.  Is this something new? Arty that never delivers? or a possible bug.

Thanks

There have been the odd reports from time to time since I've been here. The only time I have personally seen a case like this has been with an FO that had really bad visibility to their target area.

If you have a save where and FO is still spotting after a long time can you share it? Do you have one on the go now?

Or even better how about this. The next time you set fresh call with and FO, save the game - in the command phase with the arty call setup. Then if you find this happening again save that and then you have to setup of the problem and the result (some n turns later). That should be something development can investigate.

I'm in a game CMRT game now where a 105 has been spotting for about 10 turns. I have all the saves. When it finally arrives I'll send you both the first and last saves. I have moved the FO to get a different angle on the target area now. Will see if it continues.

One test that would be relevant to the case (I'm the oppo in the example above) is to take the scenario we play, save under different name and strip away all units apart from the FO and the arty that seems to misfire. Place the FO unit where it was during play when it first called in the mission. Then a test can be run over and over again calling in the same kind of arty mission. If possible use on of the old saves from our game to make screenshots of the FO position and initial arty mission area.