4 Star US General on Gotland

Yesterday the honored US 4 star General :David G. Perkins Was inspecting the defensive forces of Gotland/Sweden. He said that Gotland was an unsinkable ship, that was of great importance to the US and NATO. Without Gotland,.... Estonia ,Latvia and Lithuania will be very hard to defend. 

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/samhalle/a/AKvEE/flera-toppbesok-pa-gotland-nar-on-rustas--mot-ryska-hotet

And to celebrate that, Why not an old (1993) 6 part clip of the Swedish conscript Elite. The Coastal rangers. One of only Three Searchable units at the time. The other where , the Airborne rangers and, the attackdivers. But to be an attackdiver, you need to be a coastalranger first. 6 parts from long hair, to the cut of hair. to the green beret ceremony for those ho did it. At this time (1993), The Swedish defense was one of Europes strongest, with at the time of 1993 around 600.000 men in arms. In 1985 around 850.000 men. 2017 around ??? i am to ashamed to tell you, but 5 to 8% of the 1985 force.

In part 4 is the closecombat training. If thats your only interest.

No English subs, if anyone can fix that it would be great.

Edited by Armorgunner

Armorgunner,

On 4/20/2017 at 5:33 AM, Armorgunner said:

Yesterday the honored US 4 star General :David G. Perkins Was inspecting the defensive forces of Gotland/Sweden

In military diplomatic circles, this is known as signaling, and I have no doubt whatsoever the referenced high profile visit is not sitting well in Moscow, despite the fact that General Perkins has no line unit command, but is instead the big boss at the US Army's TRADOC (Training And Doctrine Command). Had no idea TRADOC was run by such a high ranking officer!

Regards,

John Kettler

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

Armorgunner,

In military diplomatic circles, this is known as signaling, and I have no doubt whatsoever the referenced high profile visit is not sitting well in Moscow, despite the fact that General Perkins has no line unit command, but is instead the big boss at the US Army's TRADOC (Training And Doctrine Command). Had no idea TRADOC was run by such a high ranking officer!

Regards,

John Kettler

Thats signaling for sure. The Obama administration made it clear to Putin, that Sweden was untouchable. But it has been, somewhatt nervously. How the Trump administration would stand in that matter, but I think that has been cleard out now :D