Future of warfare--swarm drones!

While this obviously isn't in CMBS, nor is likely ever to be, I still believe this is worth posting, because it shows where the overt (probably a yawn on the back program side) military swarm drone technology was as of January 17, 2017. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/defense-dept-demos-one-of-the-worlds-largest-drone-swarms/2017/01/09/6971391c-d6ac-11e6-a0e6-d502d6751bc8_video.html

Regards,

John Kettler

OMG was thatsomehow sort of terrifying?  I think I might have just glimpsed a scary part of the future.   On the plus side if the paranoid guy thinks the Man is watching him and the government has a swarm of drones flying a 100 m circle around him, people wouldnt think he were crazy ;)

Edited by cool breeze

Guys,

I found that drone swarm brilliant and scary as all get out. Wouldn't be at all surprised to learn something much worse is over on the black side of US weaponry. The problem with this topic is that some pretty incredible tech saw action in the first Gulf War, and if that flips people out (a virtual certainty) how can we proceed? 

Concur that "They're surveilling me!" is much easier to sell while surrounded by a maddening swarm than a rotary wing military aircraft sable. But if they're flying close enough to match bad luck haunted Joe Btfsplk's (below) aerial accompaniment, the buzzing and rotor wash would be insane. "Madam Secretary" has shown Navy SEALs using robotic cockroaches for close-in surveillance, and "Elementary" had toxin-injecting robotic mosquitoes as murder weapons. Love that cover art so much I'm going to send it to an artist friend!

(Fair Use)

Joe_Btfsplk_Excerpt.png

Image Credit: Joe Btsflk in "L'il Abner" Comic, King Features Syndicate

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler