Arty declined

Sorry for the spam of questions everyone, 

just read the manual as I had some issues with calling in my howitzer. It was declined even though I had C2 links. The manual stated that it was realism and historically accurate for HQ's to sometimes not be able to call in heavy artillery due to the poor radios. Is there any way of being able to call it in or is it completely useless? Thank you so much everyone your help is appreciated :)

40 minutes ago, silent_crescendo said:

just read the manual as I had some issues with calling in my howitzer. It was declined even though I had C2 links. The manual stated that it was realism and historically accurate for HQ's to sometimes not be able to call in heavy artillery due to the poor radios. Is there any way of being able to call it in or is it completely useless? Thank you so much everyone your help is appreciated :)

Ask all the questions you want.  That is one of the reasons the forum is here.  It is fun trying to figure this stuff out.

Just FYI while we're on the topic you don't need C2 to call in arty.  It is sometime referred to as the field telephone abstraction.  What you do need is an officer that has artillery calling privileges.  What type of HQ team do have that is attempting to call and is the officer in the team still alive?  What type of howitzer unit is he trying to request?  

Also if the HQ team is moving (in all titles accept CMBS) the HQ team will drop off the net during movement.  It sometimes takes a minute or so to come back up on the net.      

Edited by MOS:96B2P

8 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

What type of HQ team do have that is attempting to call and is the officer in the team still alive?  What type of howitzer unit is he trying to request?  

I tried calling it in with a platoon HQ which didn't work and I also attempted with a company HQ (I was using a basic british motor battalion in the game) which also said the the howitzer ws declined. It was just a (heavy) howitzer from the british army.  

3 hours ago, silent_crescendo said:

Thank you! That's good to know for next time 

Be sure to read your mission briefing, sometimes you are given heavy artillery assets specifically to allow for a pre-planned barrage.

No matter what type of FO's or HQ's you have, pre-planned barrages can be set by anyone, and always arrive on target.