Suddenly somethings wrong here

Hey,

now that CM is shipped, a new "feeling" in this great forum comes up. Is the time over, that we discussed those "very important things" like our wishes, suggestions and military questions???

Has the time come, that everybody is flaming other games in endless postings about "who has said this and that about the game x"???

Oh come on, stop this now and enjoy the feeling of this great game we are all connected with. Let those, who don´t care or don´t like it, leave alone and have your own individual fun!!!!!!

I´m not the grandmaster here, even not the big grognard, but there are so many "bad & aggressive" forums out there, that i have to shout: please let our baby grow... not die!!!

(sorry about my english)

Greetings from Germany

Jochen

I really hope Jochen, that what we're seeing is simply a little anxiety on the part of folks eagerly awaiting their own copy of CM. I generally think the patrons of CM and posters in this forum are a more sophisticated clientel, and generally above such nonsense. We shall see Hmmm?

Christian Sehmel

Seattle

"Zamo" the magnificent

Dude I am totally with you!! I have, in the past on this forum, learned all kinds of interesting facts and thoroughly enjoyed the posts - lots of them completely hilarious! Hovever, this forum has taken the wrong roads in the past few days and I completely don't understand the thing with other games...who gives a hoot about any other game on the market right now? (Much less what other game fans think of us). They don't know us or our game - a pissing match between the two forums only shows that some from both sides are extremely loyal and kinda immature. How about funneling all that enthusiam into something productive and ignore anyone trying to start something? To hell with all the petty bickering - I can't stand it!

Your use of English isn't so important to me as your statement that reaffirms what should be common sense to all of us, especially as some people here don't quite grasp that yet. Thanks for doing so.

Greetings from the USA,

Ed

(PS: Where in Germany? I got relatives near Stuttgart.)

Yeah...

perhaps it´s this time of waiting, till the postman is giving us our copy....

Yes, it´s very sad, that the "wargamers" don´t unite, in times of big companies avoiding the word "wargame"! I hope... no, i´m sure, that our "brotherhood" and good forum community will raise up again, when the first postings about the scenarios are in, and the big discussion about CM2 will start.

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings from Germany

Jochen

I HAD to go over to the CC board at TGN and see for myself what's going on from "their" viewpoint. It is silly and ignorant of anyone whether they are CC or CM orientated to slam the other game. I thought that sort of thing ended after high school. Wait a minute, I guess we should expect it after all, our "great leaders" still send us off to die with the "our country is better than your country" lie. Human nature? We're doomed!

I have played all the CC's and simply prefer CM. I have never posted anything over there and never shall. It's a none issue. I am now going to promise never to mention CC here again. As I said, it's a none issue. Within a week I will have my CM installed and I wonder if I shall ever have time againg to post anything here???

Let's all just drop it. We're all wargamers.

Zamo

CM V CC....I don't care. I just stumbled (yes, stumbled) my way onto this game. Of course I had to download the gold demo...and as an ex-ASL player...WOW! And to think I was satisfied with West Front!

I can't wait to get this simulation. This ain't no game!

------------------

The only thing worse than fighting with allies is fighting without them. - Churchill

A little world we are living in!!! (in times of the internet).

Yes, i know Sindelfingen very well - really nice area.

BTW, i played all games (CC, East-/Westfront, in the beginning ASL) and i enjoyed them all, better to say, i was every time very fanantic on them. But with CM, i got the feeling to be very close to my starting game "SL". THIS is for me like a dream comes true.

I´m so happy, that this game is made, and i´m very happy to be a member of this community here - you are very kind.

Thanks a lot - ceep your men together and watch those tanks!

Greetings from Germany

Jochen

Guest Big Time Software

Just to chip in...

I myself LOVED CC2. Yes, it had all sorts of problems, but overall I thought it was a great game. The true test being that I played all the scenarios and the campaigns several times. No matter what has happened to the game since, the enjoyment I spent on that one remains untarnished.

There is plenty of room in this market for several games with obvious overlapping content. Combat Mission is the newer one, and in my people's opinions, the "better" one. This has, obviously, not sat well with the hardcore people that have dedicated years to Close Combat and might not fully understand why CM is so very different in a positive way. I have said this before... every established game series has this type, and we personally think it is just better to ignore them unless they come after us first. Fortunately, most appear to be careful with what they say outside of their own closed forums for fear of getting clobbered with direct comparisons by people that know both games AND history very well. This makes it easier to ignore them. Well, that is my take on it anyway smile.gif

Steve

I played cc1 a couple of years ago and didn't like it much. Then last year I got cc3 for $20. Since it's the scale I really prefer I tried hard to like it but just couldn't. Then got interested in cm. The graphics looked great but the beta demo kept freezing on my computer so I couldn't try it. Finally the gold demo came out and it was love at first sight. Other than the obvious improvements, the random scenarios and ability to save during a battle make a huge difference for me. Now I'm waiting for the real thing like everybody else.

I too just went over to the Club SSI forums and did a search on CM and I found the pros on CC laughable. Are they kidding themselves? Let's just see what game sells better once all these initial orders are delivered.

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus