? - markers

I glanced through the forum but couldn't see anything, but I'm sure more of you have noticed the same. Aren't there an awful lot of more "Sighting markers" (boxes with a question mark) since the update?

It's a little annoying to me, especially when they're in a spot I'm occupying, for example.

I have not noticed an increase. The phenomenon of ? Showing up next to your guys has been there the whole time.

Here is what is happening: when none of your units are selected the view of the enemy is the total package and includes all spotted enemy units plus all suspected enemy units. That is when you can see ? near your own units. Basically someone thinks there is an enemy at a location even though other units of yours know they are not there. Now select one of your units near a ? and you will likely see that ? disapear. With your unit selected you see the view that that unit sees and it knows there is no enemy near by.

Not it is still possible for a tank to have poor visibility and possibly still register a ? close by but for the most part what I wrote will hold. It has always been thus.

I'm trying to recall. I think a genuine bug with 'sound contacts' was indeed found and addressed before the upgrade came out. I can't say what the bug was, though. It may have had something to do with the function of distance to the contact. Or something like that. Maybe.

40 minutes ago, IanL said:

I have not noticed an increase. The phenomenon of ? Showing up next to your guys has been there the whole time.

Here is what is happening: when none of your units are selected the view of the enemy is the total package and includes all spotted enemy units plus all suspected enemy units. That is when you can see ? near your own units. Basically someone thinks there is an enemy at a location even though other units of yours know they are not there. Now select one of your units near a ? and you will likely see that ? disapear. With your unit selected you see the view that that unit sees and it knows there is no enemy near by.

Not it is still possible for a tank to have poor visibility and possibly still register a ? close by but for the most part what I wrote will hold. It has always been thus.

Oh, I know the markers, but in the scenario we play now (which is at night, though) seem to have so many more than before the upgrade. This is, however, the first scenario we play since the upgrade so maybe it's just the scenario. My PBEM opponent agrees with me, though.