Changing QB Infantry Purchasing

OK, I know this is a drastic change I'm about to suggest, but hear me out, OK?

When purchasing a Company or Bn of infantry (take your choice as to the type) that contains supporting 'non-infantry' (yellow or orange) units, the cost of the whole company is displayed but is broken down by unit category when alloting the points after purchase. These support units cost less this way than if purchsed seperately, too.

I would suggest that when units are purchsed as a Co/Bn formation that the entire cost is taken from the infantry category allotment. This would, of course, require an adjustment to the current points breakdown per category. I think this would be one way to encourage more realistic force compositions in QBs as it would reward using real TO&Es.

As a side note, how about the inclusion of platoon purchases for armor? Yes, the tanks would be slightly less expensive when purchased this way.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>As a side note, how about the inclusion of platoon purchases for armor? Yes, the tanks would be slightly less expensive when purchased this way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IW-

Interesting. Why would they be any cheaper as a platoon?

(For what it's worth, I too would like more control over QB purchases by platoon, support platoon, etc.)

-dale

I like this idea. I assume they would be cheaper because it promotes following a realistic OOB, right? This helps a lot of us non-grogs who would be very happy to play realistic games but don't know enough about OOBs to fill out our forces right.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dalem:

IW-

Interesting. Why would they be any cheaper as a platoon?

(For what it's worth, I too would like more control over QB purchases by platoon, support platoon, etc.)

-dale<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the same reason support weapons are cheaper when purchased as part of a larger formation. Namely: historical TO&E accuracy. This would (hopefully) induce players to purchase a platoon of, say 4 Sherman M4A3s rather than, a mix of 1 M4A3, 1 M10, and 2 Easy Eights.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right