My first "Questions from the front."

I would like to take this opportunity to say hello to all of you posters out there whose messages I have read for some time. I am glad to see there has been a high degree of maturity and respect maintained here. I have a few questions (mind you I have not had the chance to search the forum):

- Will CM2, with its host of anticipated upgrades and additions, contain a patch to bring CM up to the new standard it will no doubt set.

- Will there ever be an add-on package to allow one to fight the early war (the BEF, early French and German armor, etc.)

- Will there ever be a patch that allows the battle generator to create larger maps (large right now is rather confining) and add a "random" selection to the map type/hills/trees parameters.

Just a few questions as I did not wish to overstay my welcome. In my experience only a game engine of such potential (both realized and yet to be realized) can elicit such a following of enamored posters.

Sometimes we can focus so much on the act of polishing the gem to make it brighter that we begin to overlook the very fact we have a gem. This is a great game.

Ok, Ok, its hard to be profound at work sometimes.

Thanks for a great game and a host of great mods...keep 'em coming.

------------------

Welcome, and don't worry about 'overstaying your welcome.'

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eightball:

- Will CM2, with its host of anticipated upgrades and additions, contain a patch to bring CM up to the new standard it will no doubt set.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly. Backwards compatibility and/or upgradability is certainly an issue, and it's one which Steve has said will be examined for CM2.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>- Will there ever be an add-on package to allow one to fight the early war (the BEF, early French and German armor, etc.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM3 is scheduled to cover North Africa and the Mediterranean. CM4 is scheduled to cover the early war.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>- Will there ever be a patch that allows the battle generator to create larger maps (large right now is rather confining) and add a "random" selection to the map type/hills/trees parameters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea, sorry wink.gif

Hope this helps.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

Quote:

I am glad to see there has been a high degree of maturity and respect maintained here.

Good.that means you have avoided the tailend of the "Frontlines in Campaigns" or anything posted by a Mr. J. Peiper..... smile.gif

------------------

"Life is pain. Anyone saying otherwise is selling something."

On behalf of the immature I say hello biggrin.gif

Hey Silver it's funny you brought up Jochen Peiper. I sat and read his little contributions to the forum last night. What an incredible mental case that guy was.

Anyway, enjoy Eightball, as you probably already know there is a wealth of knowledge to be gleaned here, have fun!

Mord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eightball:

- Will there ever be a patch that allows the battle generator to create larger maps (large right now is rather confining)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There has already been some discussion about the importance of a larger battlefield for modelling AFV clashes on the Eastern Front (give the Nashorn a real chance to shine)!

Given that the PC/Mac will be far more capable at time of CM2's release, I'm sure that Steve and Charles would have enhanced the engine to make use of improved CPU and graphics hardware.

Mace