What aboslutely HAS to be in CM2!!

Guest Mikey D

My CM2 wish list:

Telephone poles! ...and fences! ...and lamposts! ...amd fireplugs!

Civilians... lots & lots of civilians.

Random camou selection of vehicles among multiple sets, as currently with faces.

AI able to generate intelligent frontal/flanking assaults, orderly retreats, etc.

And cows standing under apple trees

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wwb_99

My CM2 wishlist:

1) Trenches, bunker complexes, etc. What I would really like to see is that one can purchase an empty bunker 'building' which you could then deploy into (or not deploy into. . .)

2) 3-d rubble, bigger buildings, tiles with features (walls, hedges, etc) on the edge instead of in the center, and water narrower than 20m.

3) Preplanned arty strikes, as well as the ability for scenario designers to 'force' airstrikes on a given turn.

4) Improved scenario editor. I have brought this up before, but some hotkeys, at the very least, are really needed in the scenario design module. What would be really cool is 3-d map editing, but that might be impossible.

5) Many more options for quick battles, and the addition of quick operations. I.e., have ten to twenty different battle types beyond the old standbys, as well as many more force type options. Also, being able to set the weather apart from the ground conditions would be really cool.

I'll keep my list relatively short and sweet.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tss:

aka_tom_w wrote:

I'm not sure how this might work on equipment, as it would not likely freeze up during battle,

No, but it would freeze up before the battle. It was very common (even in Finnish army) that when a green unit fought its first winter battle they found out that their automatic weapons (MGs, LMGs, and SMGs) fired only single shots because the lubricating oil had frozen stiff. The survivors then quickly learned to clean their weapons really well.

- Tommi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was very common that the weapons froze yes, reminds me of the old veteran that visited us back in the army. He told us somewhat interesting stories, being a LMG man he once had to pee into firing mechanism as it had frozen. And this was while the enemy was attacking, talk about desperate situation smile.gif

There were also quite a few situations were Russian soldiers walked into Finnish fortifications and surrendered themselves just to get into somewhere where it was warm.

-- MS. --

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this but, how about weather that develops during a game, like in a morning scenario, you can watch as the fog lifts and becomes a beautiful day. Or an attack that began on a town not only encounter's stiff resistance, but a swift blizzard leaving tanks immobilized. I don't know if that would even be possible to do without a mega-PC. Everything else mentioned above sounds gggreat!

David

How about a complete replay of your battle available upon completion of the game? Your own little feature film by which to learn many valuable lessons.

I wonder how much drive space a feature like that would take up in a 60 turn scenario.

------------------

Lt.Reaper