Surrender

Euri

10 hours ago, Euri said:

Doers automatic surrendering applies also to PBEM games taking into account the overall moral of the army? I have a couple of PBEM running and I wonder if I need to keep pressing or just inflict some more caluatlies to force surrender

There are two options that are generally better than a surrender.  Fight to the clock runs out or hit cease fire (the other player must accept the cease fire).  If one side surrenders then it is a total victory for the other side no matter how much you accomplished during the battle.  There are four levels of victory/defeat and a draw.  There are many times you can get a minor victory or a draw out of a hard fought battle.    

Actually not quite. Surrendering does not automatically give your opponent a total victory. It does give them all the points for occupy objectives and unit objectives. But it does not nullify any points you may have earned for touch, observe and unit objectives etc. So, while frequently if your opponent gets all their occupy and unit objectives they will earn a total victory it is not a guarantee.