Turn length, area fire, communications, and an extra difficulty level for 4.0

Odin

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:25 AM, TheForwardObserver said:

Something I've done to make my games against the AI a wee bit more challenging and enjoyable is I've made a mod that completely removes FOW icons for both friendly and enemy units.  Icons for units that are currently spotted are the only units that appear.  Also de-clutters the screen quite a bit.

Forward, I assume that mod uses masks/transparencies, which I have never got the hang of with my Corel Paint Shop Pro, so I would surely like to try this out.  Could you upload this mod to CMMODS? I hate all the sound/legacy icons cluttering up the screen.

52 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Forward, I assume that mod uses masks/transparencies, which I have never got the hang of with my Corel Paint Shop Pro, so I would surely like to try this out.  Could you upload this mod to CMMODS? I hate all the sound/legacy icons cluttering up the screen.

I had that exact same problem for ages.  Never figured it out on Corel but eventually got photoshop and now I'm golden.  How about I upload it to dropbox and ping you when I've done so?

How about this for fog of war, any areas not under observation are displayed as a map (i.e. symbols and contours similar to a paper map). Players must make their plans based on what the map tells them is there, unless their units have actually "seen" it. That would restrict the players' ability to inspect every inch of ground that he can't even see.

Too difficult to do, I imagine, but it would make things interesting.