Norbert Bacyk WARSAW II: THE TANK BATTLE AT PRAGA July-September 1944 The 4th SS-Panzer-Corps vs the 1st Belorussian Front

The above title concerns the Second Battle of Warsaw and looks to be impressive. Praga is the part of Warsaw to the east of the Wiusla/Vistula River. The book turned up in a search for something else, and I thought I should let you all know about it. Since I have no idea what arrangements were made regarding this complete translation of the book, I think it best I not provide a link. It falls smack in the period of Operation Bagration, too. Found it hosted on a site called RuLit (Russian Literature). Be advised reading this won't be easy, since the "genius" web designer provides navigation controls only at the top of the page! The pics alone would be worth the effort, based on my spot viewing.

Norbert Bacyk

WARSAW II: THE TANK BATTLE AT PRAGA

July-September 1944

The 4th SS-Panzer-Corps vs the 1st Belorussian Front

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

I've bought this book some time ago, John. Although 100 pages or so of it exists of vehicle facts and color profiles of vehicles (which don't belong in a book like this to my opinion) it also contains quite good information on the battle for Praga from the end of July until October 1944 which is hard to find elsewhere. Decent text and acceptable pictures. Not great, but not bad. There's also a book called Warsaw 1: tanks in the uprising, August 1944-October 1944. Same calibre.

Edited by Aragorn2002