Battlefront Pricing Policy

Rosseau

I just wanted to thank you - for not having sales events. At BF, the game is released and you buy. There is no reason to wait until it's 50% off.

I have spent thousands of dollars (it's possible) with another well known wargame publisher as well over the years, who pretty much held prices. Now they are on a Steam "wait several months" and get a sale craze. This is wonderful for new customers, but punishes early supporters like myself. So when SC3 or Steel Tigers comes out, I am going to wait until 50% off on Steam if it takes five years ^_^

I am still working on my plan for immortality.  Until then I have a limited time frame in which to enjoy this hobby.  Even if BF had some kind of sales policy like steam products, I considered what probably amounts to $25-$30 to be well worth it to play for several years before it goes on sale.  Generally that is true for any game I purchase.  The ones I buy on sale are usually because I wasn't interested enough to pay full price and when I do buy them on sale all it does is ratify that I should never have bought it even at 50% off.... :P

You are so enlightened @sburke :).  I think you have it right but there is that gut grrr feeling when something goes on sale that you purchased at full price not long ago.  It is hard to ditch that feeling. 

The other wrinkle is that with the number of CM2 titles out now it is going to take me a long time to play out what I have so you could argue that any new title I could wait to buy because I have lots of games to play for many months with what I already have.  In that situation if the company were prone to sales then I might as well wait for one for the new title since I have plenty to do in the mean time.  The fact that they don't have sales means there is no point and I might as well buy now.

Edited by IanL