Atmospheric listening for CMFB

Got this cheaply on Amazon -- it's fascinating counterpropaganda that Miller recorded in German, in Nov-Dec 1944, and was broadcast by the Allies to the German troops just around the time of the Bulge and just before Miller's own disappearance over the English Channel.

I wouldn't care to listen to it during combat, but it makes atmospheric listening while modding, mapping, setting up forces, etc. 

I also looked to see whether anybody turned Axis Sally's broadcasts from Germany. Apparently only a few odd clips survived.

The Wehrmacht Hourhttps://www.amazon.com/Wehrmacht-Hour-MILLER-GLENN-AMERICAN/dp/B0013XZ3NM/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1472147092&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=the+wehrmach+hour

Hey Broadsword, how's it going? Have you checked the Old Time Radio website, the one that sells CDs ( sorry, can't provde the link, arm.) I bought an Axis Sally broadcasts CD several years ago. They have a ton of other WWII broadcasts, Edward R. Murrow and other news shows, music, etc.

Thanks for that. My wife enjoys the classic movie about Miller. She got a kick out of learning a bit more about the band leader. Her parents played those songs all the time.

The guy was very significant to that generation's "going out" and having a good time when they were not working there butts off. 

Also jazzing it up at this time, in Paris, was Django Reinhardt, playing his signature hot gypsy jazz guitar.

He somehow survived the German occupation and played the clubs all during that time, even as much jazz was officially outlawed and Gypsies were being rounded up (some think he must have had a secret German protector somewhere who made sure he could keep working).