Surrender invites death

What a great scenario vs AI! Great job by Jon Marina (IIRC). I have had this going for a long time and it was a fierce battle. Having read about it lately only added to the immersion.

However, I was a bit surprised by the ease Stuart III:s took out Pz IV:s. Constantly got penetrating hits at Pz IV front from 500 m. Didn't think 37mm guns could do that. But then I'm no grog on the subject.

Greatly recommended.

That's because by this time of the war the PzIV was inadequately armoured and the 75mm wasn't a very potent anti-armour weapon, hence the deployment of the various 76mm HV tubes on tracked chassis by the allies.

Though what the one has to do with the other, I don't really know.

On 16/5/2016 at 10:18 PM, womble said:

That's because by this time of the war the PzIV was inadequately armoured and the 75mm wasn't a very potent anti-armour weapon, hence the deployment of the various 76mm HV tubes on tracked chassis by the allies.

Though what the one has to do with the other, I don't really know.

I somehow misread the thread as being about panthers :) Must have been tired when I posted.

But ok, Stuart 37mm is stronger than I thought then, against PzIV at 500m.

Edited by Bulletpoint

Yeah, the U.S. 37 can barely penetrate the Turret Face of PZIV at 500 meters, but it cant do so against the Turret Mantle or Upper Hull. Also, these smaller caliber type guns have smaller penetrating effects, and so it usually takes a few penetrations to cause a KO. 

Joe