Playing Aids

huhr

I have had this game since the beginning and would finally like to try it.  However, I often found the playing of the game more difficult than Cmbb with the playing aid.  What do you guys suggest as far as movement arrows and bells and whistles to have in while playing.  I like to play wego and I also have cm Normandy, Afghanistan, RT of course and maybe the new Final Blitzkrieg.

Thanks and anything that helps with playing is appreciated

I think, for me, the most important "playing aid", if I'm understanding huhr's question correctly, is the "Alt-P" "show all paths" toggle. That and the Alt-T "trees" toggle. Alt-Z can be useful sometimes, but I've got so used to command distances prior to the introduction of that feature that it's only marginally more useful than "the whole platoon highlights", for me. Some people like a terrain mod that puts an 8m grid on the ground, for helping read contours, and there are "transparent trees" mods which let you work in forests with the trees actually turned on.