Latest version?

On 24/03/2016 at 10:40 PM, Michael Emrys said:

Yike! Mine shows v1.11. Now I will have to go looking for the update/patch.

:(

Michael

There is a (free) patch to v 1.12 and a (paid for) upgrade to v1.2 (AKA "Game Engine 3", ie putting CMFI on the same "v3 engine" status as CMBN and CMRT, and now CMFB).

It's so long since I installed v 1.2 that I cannot remember whether, if - when! - you buy it, you can install it straight over 1.11, or if you have to patch to v 1.12 first?

Presumably the v1.2 install notes will say one way or the other; but as CMFI doesn't yet have CMBN's master installer, v1.2 *may* be old fashioned enough to need the latest previous patch (ie v1.12) before it will work?

Thank you, gentlemen. After posting as I did last week, I found and applied the patch, so now I show v1.12. Now, what's this about the 3.0 upgrade? I didn't come across any mention of it when I was looking for the patch, but it might reside in a different part of the (existing) Repository.

Michael

The release of the v3 engine upgrade for CMFI - whenever that was.  The original CMFI was based on the v2 engine and was version 1.0 and the the GL module was 1.1 which was then patched to 1.12.  When the v3 engine upgrade was built for CMFI it was given the version 1.2.  My PC install does not say it is engine version 3 it only says the game version is 1.2.  However @PhilM says that his says engine version 3 so I am going to guess that the Mac version some how got that tweak to the main screen while the PC version did not.

2 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Can you tell me when that occurred, Ian? I must have missed the original announcement.

Michael

FWIW, the "CMFI v300 Installer.pkg.zip" which I have saved on my system is noted as being created, modified and last opened all on 22 September 2014 ...

Not at all certain that the date is exactly right for its release, but sounds about right and I recall (as usual!) getting it as soon as it came out.

It applied the then-new CMRT "v3" to CMFI, and the equivalent CMRT v1.00 file is dated 5 April 2014, so it sort of fits timescale-wise.

(Yep, the Mac screen does say Game Engine 3 in tiny text in the lower right hand corner ...)

8 minutes ago, PhilM said:

FWIW, the "CMFI v300 Installer.pkg.zip" which I have saved on my system is noted as being created, modified and last opened all on 22 September 2014 ...

Not at all certain that the date is exactly right for its release, but sounds about right and I recall (as usual!) getting it as soon as it came out.

It applied the then-new CMRT "v3" to CMFI, and the equivalent CMRT v1.00 file is dated 5 April 2014, so it sort of fits timescale-wise.

(Yep, the Mac screen does say Game Engine 3 in tiny text in the lower right hand corner ...)

Interesting. I wonder how I missed it. Oh well, better late than never.

Michael

1 minute ago, Bud Backer said:

Welcome to Palermo, Michael! :)

There is a whole school of thought, out of fashion these days I believe, that the Allies should have stuck with their original plan and landed 7th. Army near Palermo. They might have gotten to Messina a couple of weeks sooner and blocked the evacuation of Axis forces from the island. But then, Monty's left flank would have been unguarded and his progress north might have stalled altogether.

Michael