Armor cover arc bug?

Just noticed this while playing the fantastic Scottish Corridor campaign. German Panther tanks have been spotted to the left of the Brit advance, so I set my arcs accordingly. As you can see, the turret is slewed in the opposite direction as I would hope. It is already going to be difficult to find a vulnerable shot on the Panthers, so any delay in slewing the turret could be bad. O'Dell's Churchill VI has been stationary on this road for the last 2 minutes with no change in turret facing, MacKinnon's Churchill VII was on the move with the armor arc. 

20p087.png

24doqip.png

Are there any enemy armour contact markers in the direction where the turret is facing? I'm thinking maybe the tank crew is ignoring your command because they feel threatened from the other direction?

Nope - I had forward scouts screening the right flank 300 - 400 meters ahead of the first tank, and probably 100 meters ahead of the second with no enemy contacts of any kind to the right. The right map edge was only ~ 100 meters from them. 

Yeah if there are no enemy contacts then this is suspicious.  Just to clarify the tanks' guns are inside their arcs so no one is disobeying any order at this point.  They might do but have not so far.  So, if there had been enemy contacts inside the arc in the direction the gun is facing they this is exactly the behaviour we would expect.  If there are no contacts then we would expect the gun to be pointing to the centre of the arc.  And given the post about no contacts it seem suspicious.

Do you have a game save showing this?

Yes I do have a save game - its not the exact moment from the above screenshots but the same scenario which demonstrates the odd behavior. In this save, some of the armor appear to function normally (Haldane's Churchill IV w/ cover arc), some are misbehaving completely (O'Dell's Churchill VI w/ cover arc), and some work fine for part of the 60 seconds but inappropriately for other parts of the turn (Maclennon's Churchill VII w/ armor arc).

Link to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajfm9nvrmywiuyy/AAA5qo8ahWQpin_pjemgo1I3a?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to add on to this regarding another odd British tank "bug". Is anyone else having issues with Brit Sherman Firefly tanks that won't unbutton? I have a few in a PBEM I recently started and noticed that they won't unbutton. My Sherman V TCs have happily unbuttoned. This is during the set-up phase, so there is no incoming fire or nearby enemies for my TCs to be worried about. Have my Firefly TCs become autonomous, and heard through the grape vine the horrible fate they are likely to suffer? 

I tried this out in the editor, with the full range of Brit armor. Everyone unbuttons, with exception of the Sherman VC Firefly and Sherman IC Firefly. The UI button changes appearance when pressed, as if it is activated, but no one pops out of the turret. 

I am running v.3.11 with all of the modules installed. Also - never heard any opinions about the cover arc weirdness above - am I misusing my cover arcs, or does this seem odd? 
Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.