Jeep Tactics

Any good jeep tactics?

I would like to move toward enemy in reverse using brush for cover every couple of meters slowly so the engine is not exposed to small arms would this work ok?

Or maybe the game doesn't allow the gunner to turn the MG 360 degrees?

If not maybe a "turret face" option can be added in the future

87de72d0a312bae60db36ec06917a940.jpg

Edited by user1000

My experience with jeeps is they are pretty darn fragile from any angle.  With the .50cal you can use them sort of as a standoff weapon...but I wouldn't leave them stationary for very long, and for sure wouldn't engage anything but dismounted leg infantry with them.  I think you can reverse them toward the enemy and shoot...but remember Combat Mission ain't Rat Patrol....

:D

Edited by grunt_GI

It's fragile but behind a wall or sandbags it could really work for you. why not take out other apcs with it? I suppose you could walk around the outside of the jeep in 360 degrees the only problem manning it would be the front where there is a hood is. But back to the game.. Put a bazooka team in the other seats to hunt armor and escape fast.

Edited by user1000

I like to use them as fast moving flankers. They're small and fast and can zip around just about anywhere, squeezing through tight spaces. I use the same tactics with Bren carriers. Use them to flank and encircle enemy troops, or drop off scouts and fireteams behind enemy positions if the jeep has no MG.

American squads can chew through ammo really fast, so I'll put down a massive hail of covering fire with everything I've got toward some German position and then rush a jeep up to their flank real fast, before I go through too much ammo. I might have some assault troops out on foot accompanying the jeep if I can.

There have been times where I've rushed a jeep right up to a suppressed enemy position and watched it mow down whole squads from a few feet away.

You can do this even with jeeps that don't have the MG on the back. You can have an assault team pile into the back, and do a drive-by shooting, with the guys in the back spraying wildly with their SMGs at everything that moves. It's hilarious if you can pull it off. This is obviously risky and works best against isolated groups of infantry who are pinned down for the moment.

• 3 months later...

Today I assaulted a hill with two greyhounds once the greyhounds got up at the top I ordered a jeep with mg to come up behind them, the jeep really came to life hunting suppressed troops around the m8s, that they could not see. Highly recommend using mg jeeps with armored cars, but only after the cars have 100% established a suppressing position. Slowly move the jeep ahead into the weeds down the hill some but not too far away from the m8s. Anything that shoots at the jeep is dead with the m8s anyways, although no one dared.

Edited by user1000