Is the AI CMx2v3 dust aware?

I remember when dust was introduced in CMAK.  I tended to prefer CMBB, because the AI was not aware of dust.  Thus, the human had a huge advantage in dry terrain knowing what was going on out of sight.  (Yes, you could turn off dust rendering, but it was tied to smoke which you needed to be able to see.)

So, is the AI now aware that movement of vehicles creates dust?

Thanks!

Interesting.  I was unaware that.  That would be just perfect.  Is this documented somewhere or has it just been confirmed via hot seat testing?  Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the AI is not "dust aware" but it doesn't matter because in CMx2 you have to spot the unit making the dust to see the dust.

You have to have the dust-creating unit spotted for anyone of yours to be able to see the dust, but once it is spotted, you can see the dust whether you've got the unit that can see the dust-creator selected or not. I don't think this is mentioned in the manuals, but is easily checked for yourself. Doesn't even need to be hotseat; just remember to take note when you're actually playing.

I'm not sure that's quite right, or perhaps there's an exception for Crabs. Otherwise you could have an absurd situation in which a Crab, flailing, could advance behind it's own dust cloud, and the enemy wouldn't be able to see the Crab (which it shouldn't, because of the dust) AND couldn't see the dustcloud (because the vehicle can't be seen). Maybe Crab clouds are treated the same as artillery impacts - ie, no FOW?