Looking forwats on ze Ostfront

17pounder

@LUCASWILLEN05  If you want to become the project team leader of a Kharkov mod, I can serve as an advisor. It is doable. Greatcoats, gloves, helmets with SS runes, Soviet quilted effect on their uniforms, snow on the ground, snow on the roof of some buildings, get some vehicles modded to grey paint scheme or whatever needed, also with 1st SS insignia (the key in the shield).  that "Adolf Hitler Platz" road sign...

You would be a true hero among the forum.

...especially if the next CMRT module doesn't deliver snow!

If only Ihad the time and the skills :-) I suspect the next CMRT Module is likely to cover the winter of 1944 - 5 and will include snow. Just no Panzer IIIs which were largely out of service by that stage :-). Besides, we all want to see a real Kursk game and for this to include 3rd Kharkov. A none too subtle hint for the Battlefront team  :-)

Some have mentioned the Battle of France in the context of this thread on CMRT/CMRT part 2 (or the muddy and slushy variant perhaps?), whilst I can see where those comments are coming from, but BOF was a unique one-off campaign as were the other blitzkrieg campaigns; different opponents, different AFV's and different scenery. So no real comparison there.

Still, I'm sure whatever we get it will still seem worth it. Just a pity that I might not be around for Kharkov, Kursk and Stalingrad !!

Edited by 17pounder
mistake

If only Ihad the time and the skills :-) I suspect the next CMRT Module is likely to cover the winter of 1944 - 5 and will include snow. Just no Panzer IIIs which were largely out of service by that stage :-). Besides, we all want to see a real Kursk game and for this to include 3rd Kharkov. A none too subtle hint for the Battlefront team  :-)

Yes Kharkov without Pz.111's would be like Normandy without Panthers! BUT there is a nice Pz.111 over in CMMG - perhaps those nice guys that can tinker under the bonnet would see it possible to migrate that tank over into the next module for CMRT whatever it might be? After all I'm sure there were some training cadres east of Berlin that used Pz.111's for gunnery, driver familiarisation etc. I'm sure the new tankers coming in from the Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine etc. wouldn't be let loose with a King Tiger to start with...

Would certainly make a HUGE difference in any Kharkov mod wouldn't it?