Panzer Elite beats CM to the punch

Yep, PE is definitely one that I will be playing here in the near future. Maybe I will see some of you playing MP games in the next week or so? It will definitely give me something to do while waiting for CMs beta demo. Can't wait to go kill some TIGERS... Hopefully I will be seeing some of you online for a tank match here soon.

dano6

Maybe i'm asking for flames here but i think the demo of PE was, well, a bit sucky sucky.

IMHO i think it will be a lot like Panzer Commander, iaw, more arcade then sim.

Although the graphics look nice (for being a beta), i'm still waiting for a real sim.

Not a "arcade-with-knobs-on" smile.gif

Ofcourse it was a beta-demo, but i got a bad feeling about it. I'll just keep playing Everquest till BT gives green light for their demo.

Sgt. Rock the demo was available at www.wingssimulations.com. It was a public beta test demo that ran out in september. It is no longer available. An official demo will be out at the psygnosis web site once the game is released. As for the comparison of PE to Panzer Commander there is absolutely none. PE makes PC look like a arcade wannabe piece of crap. This I know because I have played PC extensively. As far as the demo is concerned many options were not included that might account for a little lack of realism. But compared to any other tank sim out there, including any of the M1 offerings, it blows everything else away. Of course these are my opinions and yours are yours but flaming a perfectly decent game is rather lame. Remember that you might have an effect on someone else who might have enjoyed the game but not bought it because of your idiotic "sucky sucky" comment. I feel that Teut and the gang at wings have done a wonderful job on PE. Just as Steve and Charles are doing a terrific job on this game(plug for BTS). They are not comparable in any way though, different types of games altogether. So panzershark I guess I won't be seeing you on any PE multiplayer games any time soon.

dano6

God flamers just piss me off

* Dano6 *

Or my english is really bad or ya just misunderstood me.

1)I clearly said (multiple times) i was talking about a BETA.

2)Also i used IMHO (you know what that stands for?)

3)I didn't say people should NOT play the game (or buy)

4)Did i say the game should be banned from earth. It should be ritually burned...or worse?

NO, i said (once again) IMHO (<---Pay attention) the demo (<--- see, not the game) is a bit (<--- a bit, not entirely) sucky sucky (<--- i didn't say absolutley crap).

5)I played and even own PC, same goes for the PE-beta, so with all due respect if i wanna compare the two, i think i know what i'm talking about.

6)If people decide not to buy this game it's not my fault. I didn't create it, i wasn't reviewing it, i just gave MY opinion (humble even) about the BETA.

Did you ever decided not to buy a game because 1 person in the entire world said on a messageboard the beta was a bit sucky sucky? Well...did you...? If so then you are the one (using your own words) that is LAME.

7)I also didn't compare PE to CM, so where ya got that wisdom from beats me.

To end this mindless discussion.

1)I didn't attack Psygnosis or Wings or their efforts of creating a game.

2)I might buy the game since i don't judge one using a beta, but with a fully functional demo. In other words if i like the demo, i buy the game.

3)If i happen to see ya in a online PE game, i hope we're on the same side. But even then, not blowing you up would be hard for me not to do, since yer rather offensive post really pissed me off.

Guest Big Time Software

OK, let's keep it civil. I don't want to close up this threads because of this. PanzerShark is entitled to his opinion, even if it is not very favorable towards PE. No game, not even CM, is beyond criticism. Of course, everybody is going to love CM so that is easy for me to say (just kidding!! wink.gif)

For what it is worth, there is a pretty strong group of opinions that PE isn't all that it is cracked up to be. I am sure that you will all be hearing much more from this crowd after the game is released and people get a chance to play the final thing (and tester NDAs have expired...)

I have no idea how it compares to PC or other tank sims. It could be better than all the rest, but that doesn't mean that it is perfect. As for how it compares to CM... they are two totally seperate games from top to bottom. The only two things they share are WWII and 3D. Everything else is night and day different (I mean everything).

Steve

BT/Moon,

You're both absolutely right, as i said it's a "mindless discussion". Dano if i offended you (or anyone else) i'm sorry. Just got pretty pissed. And i'm no good when pissed smile.gif

But i'm oke now, since i just became lvl 17 in EQ smile.gif

No hard feelings eh?

Take Care

PanzerShark

SGT Rock the demo won't work after Sept. something so you have to turn the date back on your computer and reinstall. And that might not work anyways.

As for PanzerShark, I have absolutely no hard feelings. Your opinion is your own opinion.(By the way I know IMHO means) It was the way in which you presented your opinion that was offensive. In your initial post you claimed the beta sucked. I on the other hand I thought it was very good for what it was: a BETA. My comparison of PE and CM was an agreement to another post. As for Panzer Commander, if you think that it even comes close to PE then I don't know what game you are playing. As for my offensive post, I felt that you did not give any credit to the makers of the game and had to put my 2 cents forth. I have talked by email to Teut many-many times and I feel that his game deserves at least a play before someone starts flaming it. Remember it has not been released!! But I see in your further posts that you have acknowledged this. Very cool by the way. Anyways opinions differ and your first post pissed me off, then mine pissed you off, so let us see how the game turns out here in the near future. And yes I hope that you do play multiplayer even on my side, but if you friendly fire me, I will be more pissed than ever.

Here's to no hard feelings PanzerShark and the right to disagree even though I don't think you disagree.

dano6