Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Having to pay for bug fix!

When I was a kid, my country was communist "paradise".
every day we see on television about our successes, we are a great military power, metallurgy, agriculture and our friendship with the Soviet Union - and, of course, what a great evil is the USA - has been written about it in the newspapers, taught about this in school.

You know what I mean?

You're comparing an independent game software company to the Soviet Union?

Let me guess:

Steve = Stalin

Charles = Lenin

ChrisND = Dzerzhinsky

Moon = Khrushchev

ummm,

Paper Tiger = Zhukov?

Okay, I'm out of ideas, and I'm out of this thread.

Good night everyone!

Edited by SLIM

Upgrades are not patches. Upgrades are a paid product that add new features to the game. Patches are free releases that fix bugs and similar problems in the game. Each Combat Mission title has received multiple patches, and back when the engine was in its infancy it received over a dozen of them to address deficiencies in the game engine.

If you want to label Upgrades as patches, you are free to do so, but you won't be taken seriously when you start redefining terms to mean whatever you want them to mean.

Upgrades are a significant amount of work for a team of our size and we cannot afford to spend all of that time doing free work. So the alternative to Upgrades is to just not do anything resembling them at all. This of course doesn't include patches to fix bugs, which as noted before are free. If you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it, but trying to convince or guilt us to give you free stuff is not going to work.

You're comparing an independent game software company to the Soviet Union?

Let me guess:

Steve = Stalin

Charles = Lenin

ChrisND = Dzerzhinsky

Moon = Khrushchev

ummm,

Paper Tiger = Zhukov?

Okay, I'm out of ideas, and I'm out of this thread.

Good night everyone!

Can I at least be Trotsky?

Hi Mum :)

Indeed.

I'm going to close this thread because I am psychic and have foreseen that it will consist of the same people telling us how the business model is all wrong, and then people disagree with them, and then they yell something about oppression because there are people who dare disagree with them, and then those people lose their patience and start getting snippy, and so on and so forth until it spirals out of control. :D