How to edit comments?

Use the 'Edit' button within the allocated time period.

Image%202015-08-25%20at%208.56.33%20pm.p

Yes, I've seen that edit when first composing a comment and I think before posting the comment, however after the comment is posted and someone like myself realizes the post may have been flawed, ect., or wish to add more content to the original post is not possible from where I am looking. My feeling is: There has to be a way to edit a post beyond a certain time period. Does that make sense to you?

PS,,

I just used the edit function (after posting) you speak of to do this PS. What I am getting at is: I have a tendency to do research that takes time maybe days that could enhance a prior comment, but might be better suited to just have it included in an earlier post, where because of other postings would have the new information "out of order" in a new post.

Edited by operating

Yeah, you only have a certain amount of time to edit a Comment...This means you will simply have to post another similar Comment and continue from there.

It's not that I disagree with you, I'm just trying to figure a way to complete a thought or add to it, without making a redundant post containing most of, if not all of a previous post, especially if the post is a lengthy one including screenshots, ect..

Let me back up a little bit. For many years now I have posted frequently at both the Matrix and Slitherine forums (amongst others), these forums allow a member to edit a post at any time in the history of the their post. That's what I am used to being able to do, that's it in a nutshell, I'm just not used to being "Restricted" from having the freedom to edit MY posts when I feel it's necessary to at a later date.