BUG? Tank Recrew Not Possible

In a recent game I noticed after giving buddy aid that two tank crews were not able to recrew their tanks but instead climbed on them like passengers. I moved them off the tank and tried again. Same effect. This problem did no occur with other tanks in that game.

Save available:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/dizk33q30spzmen/Bug%20ReCrew%20Panzer.bts?dl=0

Affected units:

Pz. IV:

2.Co./3.Plt/HQ

2.Co./2.Plt./3rd

Edited by CarlWAW

I haven't looked at your save game, but tank crews can only re crew the same tanks they started in and there needs to be a minimum number of crew members in a crew in order to re crew a tank.  For a five man tank crew I think there needs to be at least three functioning crew members.

..., but tank crews can only re crew the same tanks they started in ...

Are you sure you didn't try to have the crews reboard each other's tank ?

Edit : ran the save - ordered the guys who were doing buddy aid to reboard their tank ( by the barbed wire ). They did so. Tank was crewed and operational at the end of the turn.

The other unit were already sitting on the tank as passengers. I unloaded and reloaded them, they got back on as passengers. Can't explain this one, but it's hard to be sure they're the right crew for it.

Edited by Baneman

@ASL

No casualties happened to the affected crews. Interestingly a crew from a third tank suffered a casualty outside but recrewed its tank.

@Baneman

Yes, to be sure I tried both variations.

Edit : ran the save - ordered the guys who were doing buddy aid to reboard their tank ( by the barbed wire ). They did so. Tank was crewed and operational at the end of the turn.

That's the third crew with the casualty. The affected crews are the two others:

2.Co./3.Plt/HQ

2.Co./2.Plt./3rd

Edited by CarlWAW

@Baneman
Thanks for looking into it.

I have identified the problem. The problem is not in the game, but the idiot who sat in front of the computer. I obviously was so clever, that I ordered the two crews, once I had noticed they didn't recrew the tanks, not on the other tank, but in the next minute onto the wrong tank again. :rolleyes:  Embarassing.

Glad to hear ( that it's not a bug  ;)  ).

Do not be too embarrassed, the number of "Spotting is bugged" threads that turned out to be due to Trees or Smoke turned off are legion.

It's all too easy to do - and the fact that the actual tank owned by a particular crew is not easily identifiable doesn't help.

Back to the fun then :)