Favorite Western Film Scene?

The whole film is perfect, IMO. 

Yeah, I can't get enough of the thing. You can make a case for either Hackman or Harris in Best Actor in a Supporting role.

'Make sure you don't get wet.'

Lawman Little Bill (Hackman) confronts English Bob (Harris) and his groupie of a biographer.

Edited by Childress

Hmmm... The Mexican shoots the gun out of Lee Van Cleef's hand at 75 meters from a second story window. One trusts that the former's Annie Oakley-ish skill with a pistol is foreshadowed- somewhere- in the plot.

One the other hand this IS a spaghetti western.

Edited by Childress

Yes, all the main characters, good and evil, in the old spaghetti westerns are crack shots and rarely, if ever, miss. If they can see it, they can hit it.

Edit: Perhaps I shouldn't say "good". Prior to the spaghetti westerns, all westerns clearly had good guys and bad guys. Often, you could tell who was who by the color of their hats. The spaghettis made popular the notion of the "anti-hero" to the western genre.

Edited by Doug Williams

Yes, all the main characters, good and evil, in the old spaghetti westerns are crack shots and rarely, if ever, miss. If they can see it, they can hit it.

Lol! Those screenwriters should have been lined up against a wall and, well, shot. That's just bad writin'. pardner.

Watching these old Eastwood Westerns from the 60s it strikes me what a stud muffin he was. Even as a grizzled gunslinger. Handsome in an unsettling, scary kind of way. All 6'4 of him. Eastwood was acutely conscious of his size and appearance caused and used these assets to good effect. 

Living in LA, I've met two Hollywood stars, Kiefer Sutherland and Charlton Heston. My socialite sister ran a charity tennis tournament in the 70s. Heston, an avid player, agreed to lend his name to the event. We drove to his digs in Coldwater Canyon one afternoon. Heston was playing tennis, bare-chested, on his private court. A good 'B' player. He towels off after the match and strolls around greeting people, exuding masculinity and tailed by a diminutive black kid porting a tray of Martinis. We shook hands. I'm 6'1 and he towered over me.

I, a twenty yr old, just met  Moses.

Edited by Childress

I see your Clint and raise it. With his most iconic scene:

'I needs to know!'

And an exchange at the police station, replete with politically incorrect dialogue. Nobody takes offense, just Dirty Harry being Dirty Harry. But unthinkable today.

Edited by Childress

• 2 weeks later...

"We' re burning daylight!". Favorite western line from John Wayne in "The Cowboys". It always reminds me of my Dad since we watched it together, and I used to go to work with him as a kid house painting. We would get up around 4-5am, and I would be draging ass, and he would give me the line come on "We're burning daylight!". Always made me smile because it was something between us.

"We' re burning daylight!". Favorite western line from John Wayne in "The Cowboys". It always reminds me of my Dad since we watched it together, and I used to go to work with him as a kid house painting. We would get up around 4-5am, and I would be draging ass, and he would give me the line come on "We're burning daylight!". Always made me smile because it was something between us.

Nice memory to hang onto Vinnart, priceless.

• 2 weeks later...