CMBN or CMFI?

What, you mean like the KG Engel campaign, that was updated just this week?

Yeah this is the only case I know of where a campaign of scenario was actually broken by an upgrade. There are a few scenarios that became significantly harder after the MG performance was improved. And typically patches and upgrades make things better. There have been a few problems introduced but I am not aware of any serious ones that have not already been fixed. Do not worry about those kind of things BFC is very good at addressing them. As shown by the fix to the campaign that was just released.

Edited by IanL

What, you mean like the KG Engel campaign, that was updated just this week? Yeah, so much for them not being updated.  :rolleyes:

To be fair that was a specific bug.  The general point that scenarios and campaign are not reviewed as the game gets tweaked is true.  It is simply a level of labor that just isn't practical.  For example the tweaks to MG suppression did not see a wholesale revisiting of scenarios and it isn't realistic to expect it.  However it can and has made some scenarios more difficult.

That to me is not a reason NOT to buy.  It is I agree an odd point to make and the usual "find something, anything to make a negative comment", but it isn't technically wrong.  What game company ever goes back and redesigns all it's scenarios to take advantage of a new feature?

CMBN definitely has more material especially with the battle pack coming.  I don't see that ever changing.  The general interest level in CMBN will always be higher.  As a starting point it is a better entry game than CMFI.  That being said I still love CMFI.

Edited by sburke

To be fair that was a specific bug.  The general point that scenarios and campaign are not reviewed as the game gets tweaked is true.  It is simply a level of labor that just isn't practical.  For example the tweaks to MG suppression did not see a wholesale revisiting of scenarios and it isn't realistic to expect it.  However it can and has made some scenarios more difficult.

That to me is not a reason NOT to buy.  It is I agree an odd point to make and the usual "find something, anything to make a negative comment", but it isn't technically wrong.  What game company ever goes back and redesigns all it's scenarios to take advantage of a new feature?

CMBN definitely has more material especially with the battle pack coming.  I don't see that ever changing.  The general interest level in CMBN will always be higher.  As a starting point it is a better entry game than CMFI.  That being said I still love CMFI.

Probably the best deal content wise is CMSF + Marines, British and NATO modules for $55,- only ;)

For the rest it all depends on taste:

* CMRT has large scale campaigns (many missions with a battalion+ worth of troops, better sit down and think for an hour if you want to properly appreciate whatsup) and the unique Sovjet army in East European landscape. Module(s) will follow. 

* CMBN has probably the most content both campaign/scenario/vehicle/troopformation wise if you get all modules and vehicle pack. And there is more coming in a battlepack.

* CMFI+GL has unique terrain, looks the best imo and features the unique handicapped but charming Italians and some unique vehicles and formations. Besides plenty of different stock campaigns. One module will follow.

If the above choice is a difficult one you know you're doomed collecting 'm all :D

Edited by Lethaface