BTR4E with Barrier ATGM system ..

I'm not sure whether I'm doing someting wrong, or there's a reason for this behavior, but....

I have a lot of Uktraine BTR4E's with Barrier ATGM's. I'm playing a match where they spot a Russian tank and engage with nothing but 30mm cannon.

I've had several contacts with Russian tanks by several different BTR4E's mounted with Barrier ATGM's and not once has any of the BTR4E's engaged any Russian tank with its Barrier ATGM system, even though there's clear LOS's.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why NONE of the BTR4E's will engage an enemy tank with Barrier ATGM's, instead of always choosing their 30mm cannons?

Thanks for any feedback...

Regards,

Doug

Edited by BadgerDog

Was the tank a T-90? Because if so, Shtora could be responsible. I've also seen this kind of behaviour from BTR-4Es.

I'm not sure, but it's possible ALL of the tanks I've seen and engaged are T90's, but I still don't get it... not one Barrier ATGM has left the tubes of over a dozen BTR4E's...

Are you saying that the Shtora defensive system causes the Barrier ATGM's mounted on a BTR4E not to fire at all, but somehow cripples their ability to be launched?

Regards,

Doug

No Shtora attempts to jam the signal of the missile in flight. It also shouldn't affect the Barrier as the laser receiver is in the rear of the missile. It is probably an unaddressed bug. Fixes for vehicles engaging with wrong weapons were prevalent in the last patch.

Hello,

I noticed this issue with all the AFVs. If you notice the Bradleys and BTRs in the practice range, they will engage at max range with their auto-canons and rarely missiles against the T-72s. I think the max range targets are like 2 klicks out or so. This is really quite annoying and I hope they hot fix it soon.

I thought it was someting I was doing wrong, but now think it must be a priority bug in choosing weapons systems...

I say that because after further playing of this match, all these BTR4E's simply sit out in the open at less than 1,000 meters with clear blue LOS and choose to slug it out with Russian tanks using nothing but 30mm cannnon.

That's either a lot of "balls" and over confidence for the gunner, or it's some kind of of consistent software bug. :)

Regards,

Doug

Edited by BadgerDog

I noticed those Barrier ATGM's not firing much too.  which is a shame because the BTR4E is one of the coolest vehicles in the game in my opinion.  I don't find them particularly effective, the spotting seems weak, BUT they look hella cool and I dig those remote turrets, feels great to have em fight hull down and safely absorb a bunch of disabling fire.