NOOB to CM titles

Ok thanks for clarifying the ammo sharing, makes sense now. However 2 mins for an ammo replen is in RL practical terms ALONG time. Speaking from experience if your getting ammo from a bradley/warrior, you grab the boxes bang it in your daysack and off you go, you then sort it once in position because you don't go for a replen after expending all your ammo you go for it when your down to minimum scales, if possible. So 8n game although its automatic how you get the ammo ie belts etc this can be seen as the troops breaking down the ammo later. The mechanics aren't a game breaker just really annoying at times. Was just hoping I'd missed a button or something where u could do it an easier way.

That's an artefact of the WeGo system and the way the Acquire order works. In RealTime, you can get your ammo unloaded and out the boxes into belt/magazine/clip/bandolier/cylinder/[whatever] and then into the ammo pouches in under a second, if you abuse the Pause button...

Edited by womble

For heavy weapons like HMG, mortars, and AT Guns etc. if the weapon is close enough to an ammo dump or a truck the weapon will draw ammunition automatically from the dump, truck, ammo bearer, whatever.  You can see this because there are two ammo listings for heavy weapons.  An HMG, for example, will show the ammunition that it has organic to the HMG crew listed in the same place as where you would see ammo listed for a normal squad.  That number may show 1500 rounds for example.  Just to the right of it, if you select the ammunition tab you can see how much ammunition is currently available to the HMG.  If dumps, trucks, or bearers are not nearby then you would simply see 1500 in that spot again.  If a truck is close enough that number might show >3k or something like that.  It is my understanding that the weapon will draw ammo from the truck before using it's own without you having to manually 'acquire' it.  Your unit has to be pretty close though - I think it is within about three action spaces, but I'm not sure exactly.  I don't think squads draw ammunition automatically like this, but I could be wrong on that. 

Edited by ASL Veteran