Occupy Objective Question

Possibly a dumb question BUT,

Is it normal for a Occupy Objective victory location to disappear when you locate it?  Message received was that "Troops have located 'objective x' " ; the mission briefing states occupy.

I thought you had to be "holding" it when the scenario ended to count as occupying?  Does this mean I will get the points even if I move my troops away?

When I say disappear i mean the green background to the location, which outlines the objective AS's - 1 problem i have is that it was a large objective and I can't figure out where the edges of it were.

btw I have checked and objectives are STILL turned on (several others still visible)

Thanks for the help in advance and please feel free to abuse me or yell RTFM if necessary :)

Zinzan

Hmmm that was my assumption - The scenario briefing definetely lists it as an ocupy objective. 

Would it be "gamey" to adjust my plans now as my opponent will be assumming I am going to garrison this location?  (btw this is a HtH game with a scenario.) OTOH it does give me a chance to recover from a major cock-up in deplyment :)

I will report this (after the game) in my feedback obviously.

It could just be the briefing is wrong, or it could be a freebie - what scenario is it ?

Is the objective known to both sides as if not your opponent won't know about it regardless of whether it is a touch or occupy objective

Edited by Pete Wenman

"Drive on the Dreijenseweg"  CMMG

Dunno whether my opponent knows the allied objectives; and I don't want to open the scenario as it may give me an unfair advantage.

I've decided to treat this as a designed error 

i.e. You have received updated intelligence/orders.  I'll discuss it with my opponent after the game is finished.

Many Thanks for  your replies.

Edited by zinzan

Well that's interesting because that's one of mine.

The intent here ( I think, as it was a while ago) was to give the Allied player some flexibility as to occupy all the objectives would be very difficult.  I won't say any more as you are still playing but we can pick this up when you finish if you like. But you are correct the error is deliberate.

P

Thanks Pete Wenman,

I will give you some feedback (if wanted) when we finish; so far it's very "interesting" - in a nail biting - "OH GAWD WE'RE ALL GOING to DIE" way :)

Just a comment - I really like the idea of "misleading/flexible" briefings/objectives as this better reflects the reality of combat.

Anyway back to the game