Difficulty level in H2H vs experience

I've just recently started playing H2H games. I usually play Elite vs the AI and consider myself experienced at that level. The guys I play now wanted to play on Warrior level as that was their comfort level. But it made me think. Could it be so that I have more of an advantage of playing Warrior in comparison to the disadvantage they would have to play Elite? Would they stand a better chance and level the playing field (I'm not saying I'm winning easily ;)) playing Elite, even though it is a level higher than they are used to?

I've just recently started playing H2H games. I usually play Elite vs the AI and consider myself experienced at that level. The guys I play now wanted to play on Warrior level as that was their comfort level. But it made me think. Could it be so that I have more of an advantage of playing Warrior in comparison to the disadvantage they would have to play Elite? Would they stand a better chance and level the playing field (I'm not saying I'm winning easily ;)) playing Elite, even though it is a level higher than they are used to?

Supporting fires like mortars and artillery are much more responsive when you play Warrior versus Elite/Iron. There is a world of difference between 105s taking six minutes to smash a TRP and those same 105s taking two minutes. I don't know if that is applicable in your case, but it is something of which you should be aware. I think you can get 81s or 75mm pack howitzers on a TRP in a minute flat, but I'm not totally sure of that since I haven't played Warrior in a few years.

Edited by Apocal

This is not correct. Warrior level also has the realistic timing for artillery etc. See page 28 Skill Levels. It is Veteran level that has the shorter times.

Oh oops, I thought warrior was the second-lowest difficulty, not the middle one.

The only difference between Warrior and Elite is that enemy infantry contact markers always show generic "infantry". They won't be identified as "Machinegun", "AT-team" etc. 

But it's a pretty useless feature, since you can just click on the enemy icon to see more info about the unit. So unless you play realtime and attention time is limited, Elite level just makes the game interface less easy to use.