Possible Bug Battle Scenario August Morning

Pat O

I completed the scenario August morning with no casualties and 14 minutes left on the clock. I exited all troops and now the clock keeps ticking. Does it require the full time to met or is the victory conditions bugged. I destroyed 1 ags 30 pos, Observer Pos, PKM or RPK cant Remember and a recon element in the buildings near cp. I touched all green zone objectives and exited troops. Are scenarios based on a timer? or do they have ObJective complete options? Small bug dont need an acheivement to know I kicked ass and brought the guys home but might need some dev TLC if this is a issue in numerous scenarios. 

In some scenarios the enemy will surrender automatically, this is triggered by the enemy hitting a particular CE (I can't remember what that is but someone will have the answer). Where this doesn't happen, you don't have to wait for the timer to run down, you can voluntarily hit cease fire and the scenario will end. Hitting cease fire is obviously a judgement call based on what your mission and objectives are. If you think you've ticked them all off then just hit cease fire. 

The conditions for an AI surrender are somewhat obscure. There's a very strong link to casualties sustained. Lots of conditions have been proposed, but I haven't seen any specific ones that haven't had exceptions recounted here. There are ways a designer can pretty much guarantee the AI won't surrender, notably assigning significant forces to an AI group that is meant to be reinforcements, but which in fact have an "appears after" time that's later than the maximum time the scenario can run. Since the percentage of forces KIA/WIA/MIA is based on all the troops that could potentially appear, these never-appearing troops stop the casualty percentage rising too high. I'm pretty sure the end-game screen only counts forces that were actually on the map at some point, though.

There's no automatic surrender for player-led forces though. And no in-game notification that the opponent has offered a Cease Fire (like I thought there was... ).