AFV Facing/Targeting

I've noticed in the latest version of the game CMBN3.11, when you target left, right or to the rear , the tank will keep its facing and move the turret to target, which that was not the case in the past.In the past, not sure what version, the tank would change its entire facing to align with the target line.I like it the way it is now, but was wondering" how to" change the facing and target in the same direction in the same turn?

<snip>

was wondering" how to" change the facing and target in the same direction in the same turn?

The default position of the turret is straight with the hull.

If you give the Face command (say 90 degrees right) The hull with the turret will turn together at the same time in the same turn.  Actually the hull is turning and the turret is just maintaining it's default position relative to the hull.  (The tank rotates 90 degrees in place.) 

This will get the job done but many times this is a slow way to turn the vehicle if you are taking fire.  If possible I try to Quick the tank and give it a tight set of curved waypoints so at the last waypoint the tank and turret are both pointing in the desired direction.  Usually quicker than a Face command.   

I hope that answered your questioned and helped.

weapon2010 you probably know this next part but I will add this additional information in case somebody else is interested:  The turret can be locked to a position other than the default position by using a Target Arc.  If you give the turret a 90 degree right Target Arc the turret will stay at this position relative to the tanks hull as the tank moves about the battlefield.  I like to use this in shoot and scoot situations.  

Example: I have a tank behind a building.  There is a target around the corner and down the street to the left.  Target Arc left 90 degrees, Fast tank out from behind building, Pause 15 seconds, Target Briefly 15 seconds at the Pause waypoint, Reverse back behind the building.

Target Arc and Face cannot be used at the same waypoint.  Just one or the other.   

Edited by MOS:96B2P