Trying Again. Poll-What would you most like to see for a new CMBN Pack?

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these items would you most like to see in a new CMBN Pack/ (please limit choices to two)

• US Rangers and british Commandoes
    • Free French Forces
    • Ostbattalions and Stragler Companies
    • French Resistance
    • More Combat Vehicles: e.g. Brummbar, Wasp, Tetrarch
    • More Support Vehicles: e.g. Sdkfz7, Beep, Horsch Auto
    • Amphibious Vehicles and Assualt Boats and Rafts
    • More Terrain Choices perhaps with new Master Maps
    • More Campaigns and Scenarios

actually I would like 2 player campaigns, that's whats really missing from the cmx2 series, like we had in the early CM1.

Hadnt realised Kangaroos were in, are they in the vehicle pack? (which I own..ooops).

H2H campaigns is number one on my list too. Yes the Kangaroos are in the vehicle pack.

Just a thought and I don't know if this has been discussed before...

As far as Scenarios and Campaigns go, I understand the amount of work needed to churn them out is considerable. Hence the lack of missions with the Vehicle Pack. I also appreciate that the number of user created missions is testament to the generosity and dedication of the community.

That said, and give the results of the poll, wouldn't extra scenarios/campaigns be worth putting up for money? Specifically, what I mean is that (provided Battlefront allowed) people could put together mission packs together and charge for them. It works well in other games I play, wherein a number of 3rd party designer put together mission packs and charge a nominal amount for them. I would happy lay out so money for some new missions. 

Just a thought and I don't know if this has been discussed before...

As far as Scenarios and Campaigns go, I understand the amount of work needed to churn them out is considerable. Hence the lack of missions with the Vehicle Pack. I also appreciate that the number of user created missions is testament to the generosity and dedication of the community.

That said, and give the results of the poll, wouldn't extra scenarios/campaigns be worth putting up for money? Specifically, what I mean is that (provided Battlefront allowed) people could put together mission packs together and charge for them. It works well in other games I play, wherein a number of 3rd party designer put together mission packs and charge a nominal amount for them. I would happy lay out so money for some new missions.

The largest problem with that is the free-for-all nature of scenarios. It wouldn't take long for those paid-for scenarios to escape into the wild, even if it's mostly by accident as people forget that particular scenario was one they'd had to pay for. Perhaps some purchasers would be happy subsidising everyone else's new maps, but I don't see the model working very well for BFC.

I don't see the model working very well for BFC.

I wasn't thinking of BFC, rather 3rd parties. It could be the same people that have produced missions previously for free. I take the point about it being hard to police. But to be fair I think most of us here would happily shell out some money for missions if they were provided and were of a decent quality. The finance thing is really just more of an incentive to mission creators. Call it some funds towards research materials or something  ;)

As mentioned I have seen such a system work well for other titles. Yes I am sure that there might be some unauthorised sharing (they aren't protected in any way) but you still need the base game (and modules) to play them. 

Anyway, just a suggestion.