Why Russians has no BMPTs?

exsonic01

Mine clearing tanks I'm pretty sure will be included in the next module since they were already added to the cmbn vehicle pack. They are pretty much a must have for any serious attempt at depicting modern combat with extensive minefields deployed. One of the reasons why giving up AP mines (Ottawa treaty) is not actually that big of a deal is that eastern mechanized forces are able to clear AT mines with plows and rollers basically from the go. From all the materiel I have read regarding soviet/russian mechanized doctrines, a mechanized spearhead company would be assigned one or more engineering tanks so that the force can quickly push through encountered mine fields. These special tanks are important part of the eastern doctrine of attacking from the march formations without any significant pause to the operations.

Re: BMPT

Like how CMSF had a module that included Syrian T-90s and BMP3s, perhaps a "Defense Spending Gone Wild!" module would be fun.  Toss in the BMPT, throw in the Armata with hopefully what we'll know about it in a few months/years, US F-35 CAS, etc, etc etc.  All assets that are right now dubious/interesting but rejected for inclusion in one off scenarios.  

Re: Mine clearing

Mine clearing tanks I'm pretty sure will be included in the next module since they were already added to the cmbn vehicle pack. They are pretty much a must have for any serious attempt at depicting modern combat with extensive minefields deployed. One of the reasons why giving up AP mines (Ottawa treaty) is not actually that big of a deal is that eastern mechanized forces are able to clear AT mines with plows and rollers basically from the go. From all the materiel I have read regarding soviet/russian mechanized doctrines, a mechanized spearhead company would be assigned one or more engineering tanks so that the force can quickly push through encountered mine fields. These special tanks are important part of the eastern doctrine of attacking from the march formations without any significant pause to the operations.

Most armor formations have some sort of mine clearing tools.  The US Armor company for instance, has a plow per platoon, and a mine roller per company.  In practice the plows are simply kept attached to the tanks (it impacts fuel consumption, but otherwise tank is as mobile as its peers), although the roller is only fitted in preparation for deliberate breaches as it impacts the tank's performance significantly.  For a breach operation, super-historical like 80's-90's there'd be CEVs, dozers and towed line charges assigned to the breach company, but more recently the a lot of these capabilities are rolled into the ABV vehicle (mineplow or dozer blade, lane marking equipment, and two line charges under armor).

I'd be thrilled if CMBS let me plan out combined arms breaches,  with all the associated tools.  

So to say, Russian Armed Forces don't know as well as where to use BMPT. Because BMPT new type of armored machinery, though appeared in prototypes in the 1980th years. My opinion of BMPT should be applied in attack of the cities and defensive areas. I for each tank platoon would allocate 1-2 BMPT, and for a motorized infantry platoon on 1 BMPT.

Скажем так, ВС РФ не знают как и где использовать БМПТ . Потому что БМПТ новый тип бронетехники , хоть и появилась в опытных образцах в 1980-х годах .  Моё мнение БМПТ надо применять в штурме городов и оборонительных районов . Я бы на каждый танковый взвод выделял 1-2 БМПТ , а на мотострелковый взвод по 1 БМПТ .

With new 57mm auto-cannon weapons module out on IDEX, BMPT for the Russian service seems more likely. One major complaint to current variants presented is that 30mm's are not enough to provide support to tanks from modern engagement stand-off ranges. 

Edited by BTR