Help Help Help (Damn Annoying)

OK

After the past hr trying to reinstall all my CM Normandy games, I am so bloody frustrated I feel like ditching it all.

I have CM Normandy ,

I have commonwealth forces

I have 2.00 upgrade

I have market Garden

All these bough eons ago

So I try to install them again and keep getting error after error relating to (I believe the 2:00 not being activated).  I activate it but when I try to load again same message.  I have had this before and eventually found a way to getting everything work after a lot of trial and error in the installation and activation order but to be honest, I am just so damn annoyed at the complexity when trying to do this again.  This does not seem user friendly at all.

Anyway, I am now awaiting the 3.00 upgrade to download and I just hope this works of the bat otherwise I am just going to have to stop buying these games because of the painful loading experiences.  Sorry if I sound harsh but this is a bit of a mess now and is getting on my wick. 

Has anyone got a specific order these all need to be loaded in to avoid this complete mess

Thanks in advance

Bye the way, Black Sea loaded great but I want to try 3;00 on Normandy

You know what, this is just plain pathetic to be honest,

Fail fail fail,

1.= I load CB Normandy = does not request a activation and runs straight of the bat

2. = I load Commonwealth and likewise

3. I load 1.11 patch nd still loads no problems

4. I load the 2 upgrade and this is where the mess starts. does not ask me for a number or anything and when I click on icon, just states problem with activation

5. I load and activate market garden = activates ok but when I hit launch = nothing

I try all different ways and still seem to run into a problem

I now pay for the 3 upgrade to see if this is getting any better and again a loads of fail

Seriously BF, I have made many purchases from you over the last couple of years and as it stands now, I am totally put off buying anything else again. 

I have had less problems installing complex mods than I have had just trying to get this game to work.

So folks but I have to get this off my chest, the loading and installation help on this game leaves much to be desired as far as I am concerned.  I am not the only one, it appears plenty of users are going through the same.

Can someone just post a simple step by step for getting from a Normandy base game up to latest version that does not involve all this fail.  This is not a user error, this is just a overly complicated installation process.

OK

Now I have 3:00 installed and have activated but now I do not see any way to activate the commonwealth forces I bought way back.  I have no serial key for this in my account page so cannot activate.

Attempt number 10

Uninstall again?

Install base game and commonwealth but unpatched

Install 3:0 patch?

Activate my market garden using the serial?

This is my last attempt and then I am outa here and not coming back to buy any more games in the future.

The whole experience has left a massive sour taste for this company im afraid. 

One thing more frustrating than a crap game is a good game that takes eons of investigation etc just to bloody run

Reading your rant and frustration takes me back to where I was a while ago when I was dealing with the installer and re-loading CMBN/CW/MG and the vehicle pack.  Then I wised up and created a help ticket at Battlefront.  After about three or four emails back and forth, I completed the entire process and I'm playing the game.  Go here:

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/ 

In the upper right hand corner - + New Ticket .  Create a ticket and fully explain what you are trying to do.

The folks manning the desk are there to help and will patiently work with you to get the issue(s) resolved.

That's my advice.

Done but the fact is the same,

Stupid system just to play a game.

No serial in my account for Commonwealth so how the hell can I activate it.

Sorry for the rant but I am outa here and wont be buying again. 

And can a mod delete this thread because I aint bothered anymore.  Back to Matrix games where games are easy to install and update

Edited by goochy123

Just in case anyone else comes into this thread looking for answers, I'd like to point out that the departed goochy123 went about solving his issue in a suboptimal manner.

First-off, as BobB posted, this isn't the place for official help for things like missing activation codes. There's a "Support" option on the front page, which has a link to the helpdesk, where you can raise a ticket. It's the weekend now, and I don't know BFC's manning hours for the helpdesk; I think they're pretty good about stuff like that though.

Second, the time elapsed between first noting the issue and giving up on the game and any chance of resolution is a grand total of 3 hours and 19 minutes. In that time, he did get three perfectly helpful responses from unpaid community members trying to help, and he didn't even follow all those suggestions to completion.

Third, he started out with fixed assumptions about what was and was not going to work and the whys and wherefores of that state of reality, and based his attempts to solve the problem on potentially erroneous grounds.

It was never going to end well.

Much better to use the proper channels, have a little patience, follow instructions carefully and without preconception. Yes, CMx2 is fiddly and awkward to install, but if you can't manage it, or to wait for the very obliging help available, then you probably are best-off not beating your head against your keyboard. But it really isn't impossible, as so many people have shown, the v3 installer makes it so very much more pleasant, and the end results are worth a little temporaru befuddlement, however we might wish that it was avoidable.

Most of the install problems seem to be from anti-virus programs. Webroot is great but it is a real pain in the a$$ with CM installs. I installed CMBS with Webroot turned off all was good game started etc. As soon as I turn it back on if I try to start the game again it wont start. Disable Webroot no prob. So I have to disable it to play BS. None of the other games work that way and I have every WWII game loaded. Haven't had the chance to work on it yet but helpdesk has fixed problems for me in the past they're very good.

OK Womble

First of all I concede that I should have probably gone straight to the tech forum but on a early Sat morning in the UK, a tech forum does not usually deliver a quick answer hence going to the general forum hoping for a straight answer regarding install order was my target.  Maybe due to the fact that most players will probably have gone through this?

Secondly, you need to bear in mind that I have waited for all the modules etc to download and went through numerous attempts of install orders to try and get all three modules working as I had done in the past (although it was a bit of a fiddle back then), all in all the total time trying to get a game to work was about 5 hrs.

Whilst you presume, I never opened up a ticket (Which I did bye the way), I think your assumption regarding myself doing things in a sub optimal manner is rather condescending and as for not following advice, I had and it turns out I have 2 copies of Commonwealth in my account listing

1. Which is usually the one in the order I look for happens to be a cancelled order thus never has a serial but still allows me to download.

2. The second funny enough is right above it and does have a serial and with 3:00 is now problem solved.  I have asked for the bad duplicate to be removed.

And before you call me blind, you need to see how many games I have listed in my account as it is a easy mistake to make.

Anyway, that was 3 sorted and yes it will be much easier but remember, I had to go through all the stuff before taking a plunge to buy the 3:00 upgrade.

After all that it is a Fricking duplicate game listing = lol,

Anyway, all is fixed and support accidently helped me find the error myself by suggesting I must have bought a physical copy when I know I never so I went through all purchases 1 by 1 and noted the 2 copies problem.

Now its all downloaded and working, I'm going playing Black Sea after all that.

Thanks all for another six months.

I have 21 post since joining 5 years ago (spammed 8 in today) so I dare any of you to call me a troll :)

Happy now so will be quiet for a while unless we get 5 more modules and 3 more upgrades.

Edited by goochy123

Glad to see Help Desk "accidentally" helped you solve your issues.  Like I related earlier - when in doubt, "create a ticket with the help desk".  When I was experiencing my reload issues, both John and Steve had the answers even going so far as replying on a Saturday evening and a Sunday afternoon. 

OK Womble

...you need to bear in mind that I have waited for all the modules etc to download and went through numerous attempts of install orders to try and get all three modules working as I had done in the past (although it was a bit of a fiddle back then), all in all the total time trying to get a game to work was about 5 hrs...

Well, aren't you quite the saint?

You posted :

...I am outa here and wont be buying again. 

...delete this thread because I aint bothered anymore.  Back to Matrix games where games are easy to install and update.

less than 3 and a half hours after first seeking help here, from us random players.

And you want people to recommend your approach? You assumed stuff. That turned out to be wrong. Then ranted about it in a timeframe that is frankly unreasonable: which do you want? Professional help or the assistance of the amateurs who happen to be awake? You apparently recognise that company helpdesks are generally overloaded, so you came here. And ragequit after three hours; you were the one who gave up. Or at least said you were. And you call that an optimal approach to problem solving. Good luck with your life.