Couple of Questions

db_zero

I have Apaches and F-16s called in by JTACS for airstrikes. I see the Russian SPAAs fire off what appears to be SAMs. You see a white smoke trails heading towards the skies then explostions, what does this represent and how do you know it they hit or miss?

Would it be appropriate for B-52, B-1 and Stealth Bomber strikes to be added sometime in the future or would that be beyond the scale of the game?

One thing I find very interesting. Sniper teams are able to call in airstrikes and other goodies. That besides their other capabilities makes them very high value units. I also see the sniper teams can also have HQ unit that can call in indirect fire and assets. In the WW2 games snipers teams can't call in indirect fire.

Edited by db_zero

Check your air support menu to see if your aircraft got damaged. Bombers are way outside the scope for CAS and you wouldn't see something like B-52 in this type of conflict in any case - a Stratofortress would be way too easy target for a BUK. You might as well ask for cruise missiles, the thing is they don't have a place in a tactical environment. If you want them factored into a scenario then the mission should start after the strategic strike.

One thing I find very interesting. Sniper teams are able to call in airstrikes and other goodies. That besides their other capabilities makes them very high value units. I also see the sniper teams can also have HQ unit that can call in indirect fire and assets. In the WW2 games snipers teams can't call in indirect fire.

From what I hear, every single American squad has the capacity to call indirect fire missions.