Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Weird wire

In several missions, I've come across single pieces of wire that seem to be facing the wrong way. In Road to Montebourg, there are some battles where there's a long stretch of barbed wire, but one of the individual pieces is turning the wrong (?) way, which means I can run my troops straight through.

And in other missions, there are single pieces of wire here and there, that seem to be meant to block for example roads, but they are running along the same axis as the road, so have no blocking effect.

I can't remember the names of all of these maps, but the map I'm playing now has it (Crossroads at Monthardrou). There are at least two pieces of wire close to the little farm on the way to the crossroads. Both face the wrong way, if the purpose is blocking the road..

No spoilers please, still trying to win the mission :)

Anyway, this wire thing, is that on purpose, a technical bug, or is it just a mistake by the scenario designer?

Edited by Bulletpoint

BP I think it is to do with how wire placement is controlled in the editor. The only way to control the facing of wire is by placing a second element alongside it. It's likely that the single pieces have reverted to a default facing when the second wire element is removed.

Monthardrou is one of mine, but boy it seems like a long time ago !

P

Or just maybe, representing a piece of damaged or missing fence?

Yeah well, with a positive attitude we can make nice explanations for everything :)

And that's what I try to do usually. It just breaks immersion seeing wire aloneside the road rather than across it. And it removes a pretty important gameplay element.