Scaling UI with 4K BF ?

Marc Anton

I would love this, not only does the ui get too small, but there's tons of unused space. It would be great to have all the buttons and pages displayed in the unused space. Why have to scroll between the fire commands and move commands when most monitors have the space to display all the commands. The best would be to have choices in the options, like one for classic ui and one for wide screen ui.

+1  -- this would make a huge difference.  Not long ago I attempted to upgrade from 1080p to 1440p monitor, and one of the things that struck me in a very negative way was how unplayable CMx2 seemed at 1440p resolution.  UI was way too small.  I can only imagine how tiny it is at 4K.  I returned the 1440p monitor and went back to my old and trusty 1080p.

But as higher resolution monitors become more and more common, this is something BF should give real thought to. Having a scaling UI is a big deal.

I am looking for a new monitor with a resolution of 3440 x 1440 (ultra wide), might buy that during next year, so scalable UI would be welcome for making CMx2 future proof :) Maybe I'll continue using my current 1920x1200 monitor when I get an Oculus Rift, but if I get a new monitor would most likely be either ultra wide 1440 and/or 4k resolution.