Grats on the AI. Been playing Entente at max difficulty and its kicking my ass proper.

Game 1 lesson:

Too tight of a blockade leaves your navy vulnerable

Game 2 lesson:

Have unit reserves on your line

Game 3 lesson:

Too much counterattacking will spent you

Game 4 is going well but it is unfolding quite differently with Germany conquering belgium then then wheeling to deal with Russia in force with no real push into france proper while the Habsburg were happy to contain Serbia and make a similar push vs Russia.

I was wondering one thing about the AI. At what point it decided to make a Russia push? During the deployment phase (was always the plan to 'feint' in belgium and go for Russia) or did the AI starts 'cookie cutter' and then made the strategic choice to go heavy on Russia based on how thing developped (pershaps reacting to my scout meddling in east prussia?).

Hi Korut Zelva,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game and to answer your question on the AI, it likely discovered an imbalance on the Eastern Front and began to send some units there to re-balance the situation.

After that if it began to engage in sizeable OFFENSIVE or DEFENSIVE operations it may add new units to those engagements and the subsequent AI scripts took over.

Much of this is scripted but also dynamically handled to redeploy as needed and as well as it can to cover the various map situations that come up in game.

Hope this helps :),

Hubert

• 2 months later...

Glad to hear about the AI. I have not put the SC WW1 titles through their paces, despite buying on release days. I do have a little time in To End All Wars, which looks so sexy and complex and new. But there has been significant criticism of poor AI on this particular Ageod title, for some reason.

So, who (besides our beloved fanmen) can compare these two games? Nothing touches SC's editor, although I have modded Ageod engines. It's much harder to do, and/or I've done it poorly. TEAW is also lacking in terms of scenario content, imo.

My issue is the SC games (even WW2) look so much alike. My fear is they will play alike as well. I guess that's true of most game series. So, any thoughts on how these two games play?

I know and play both titles and TEAW does a poor job giving you a WWI feeling except supply and cohesion - definitely the WWI of SC is the best title in that aspect - I wish the fronts would be a bit more stable - due to more available units - but as it is - one stupid  attack of you can mean your end - especially against an AI that has all advantages - so best WWI TB title I know right now - especially with the breathrough expansion and all the nice scenarios...

Edited by steelwarrior77