For Those About to Rock, We Salute You! Monday Night Update on CMHQ

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Well the first installment of our week long extravaganza HEAVY METAL is now ready for your viewing pleasure. We will be posting 7 new shots each day until Friday night for an amazing 35 total pictures of Armor vs. Armor action.

Also up tonight is the final Names list. This is the list from which Combat Mission will randomly choose the unit leader names. Take a gander to see if you made the cut!

Come on over to:

combathq.thegamers.net

Madmatt out...

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-20-99).]

Quick clarification...

This list is a list of names I've sent in to Charles. Charles can choose to include any names he sees fit and remove ANY names he doesn't want.

Furthermore these names will be entered into the database in ADDITION to CM's current name database.

In other words, there is NO guarantee these names will all make it in (in fact, almost certainly, some won't) and this isn't the full list of names. It is merely the list which I made up from the people who emailed me asking to have their last name included.

Ps. NO, and I mean NO changes will be made so if you feel that a name usually had 1 l and not 2 or you feel that having someone with a danish-sounding name in the German army is wrong I simply don't want to hear it.

It is a good list but it wasn't intended to be a 100% correct rendition from a 1939 German phonebook. It is a little fun for people who've been following the game and are going to buy it. That's all.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest John Pender

Wow the vehicle graphics look great especially the tracks. Is that an MP-44 in the back of the Nashorn? No wonder the game is taking so long smile.gif

Take care

John

LOL John,

I was wondering who'd be the first to notice that wink.gif.

Yes, it sure looks like an MP44 to me. The first person to ask why the crew only carries pistols if an MP44 is shown in the back will be shot by me personally wink.gif (I'll be using a pistol to shoot them since, as we all know crews ONLY have pistols wink.gif ).

Check out the JagdPanther exhausts.. That little detail wowed me wink.gif...

Later on there's a very cool shot showing the limited traverse of the JagdPanther's gun which really, really shows the attention to detail wink.gif.

There's lots more great stuff I can't show you which really feeds into the whole "it'll ship when it's ready" ethos too.

There's stuff I'm dying to show you but which has to wait for a while, although I'm bombarding Steve with emails about all the things I want to show wink.gif.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Guest Tom punkrawk

Fionn, regarding the name stuff, I believe you mentioned before you can edit the names and add whatever you want,right?If so,everyone can stop complaining and fix it themselves.

------------------

Dork Punk Productions and Design

WW2Games page-

http://www.geocities.com/ww2games

Battle Of The Bulge TC for ww2gi-

http://www.geocities.com/botbtc

Ww2gi Screaming Eagles multiplayer group-

http://www.geocities.com/screamingeagles1

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

Hey, Mr. Barrel Droop, smile.gif why did Doug get flamewar on the same day he ordered, and all I got was some lame excuse about not having matching heels? Shirley err certainly you could just crop the picture if they didn't match your ensemble hehe.

Craig (patiently waiting)

ps. Where are the !!!!? I didn't think you wrote this when I first saw it. wink.gif

Guest Madmatt

Give 'um an inch and they take a mile!!!! smile.gif

Craig, here you are rushing me and now I got a run in my stockings!!!

I'll make ya a deal though Craig. For tonight, just for you, wink.gif I will have a nice surprise up on CMHQ. Check back later to see what I can come up with... smile.gif

combathq.thegamers.net

Madmatt out!

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-21-99).]

Woohoo, thanks Madmatt!! I guess I had better apologise about airing the dirty laundry again...

gets down on knees

looks up with pleading eyes

whines, snivels and grovels for forgiveness

Oops, that's what I did for wife my last night (Xmas boozefest). Oh well, might as well try it again here. smile.gif

Craig (living in doghouse)

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 12-21-99).]

HTTP Error 404

404 Not Found

The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

-- This was the third pic down on page 2 of heavy metal.

-- 4th, 5th and 7th picture failed as well.

[This message has been edited by Lokesa (edited 12-21-99).]

Pg 2, Pic 3

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>They are depressed because:

a) ...

B) ...

c) their link is broken

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smile.gif

Jon

------------------

Quo Fas et Vino du Femme

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 12-21-99).]

R.E. Names:

I can't believe blackadder made it into the british list - do we have to worry about him avoiding orders, ditching to the rear, shooting carrier pidgeons, etc.? wink.gif

Once again, thanks Fionn for putting up with the inordinate amount of crap that came along with that names list.

Guest Madmatt

They should be ok now! biggrin.gif I think you guys might have caught the page as I was moving the pictures around to their new home! Sorry about that, it took longer than I thought as I was doing it at work! Everything should be alright now!

Madmatt out!

P.S. Just verified all 14 pictures come up fine now, just be certain you refresh those two pages as the they have changed and the pics are in different folders than from the last time you may have visited! wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-21-99).]

Shh, Blackadder, Melchett and the others are real names wink.gif. That's my story and no matter how many carrier pigeons I have to eat to stop messages to the contrary being transmitted I'm willing to do it wink.gif.

I hope Charles lets them by as they aren't in any way offensive and will give everyone in the know a right chuckle.

So, iksnay on the amesnay .

Matt, there had better not be a Stu Pedasso there or your lil tanks on the links page are history wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Well said George.

BTW does anyone know if the Blackadder transcripts are online? I know the Monthy Python ones are but Blackkader Goes Forth would be a brilliant thing to read IMO

Anyone know of any blackkader sites?

------------------

Fionn Kelly