Question's about the 3.11 Patch??

Unless I get a quick understanding on how to install the 3.11 Patch this may the end for me.installing new patches from B.F Right now I have CMBN-CW-MG upgraded with 3.0 patch. and it show' ver 2.20. I don't have the vehicle pack as yet. I go to the download

location and I see all 9 files with check mark's?? Do I download all them except the

Vehicle bin file? It all greek to me. I am 78 yrs old. I guess I have been lucky so far with update my CM. but again. I read were Moon said this was the new way to patch future

BF sims. Right now it it just clear as Mud on how to install the 3.11 Patch.

Guess if I keep playing CMBN it just going to be Ver 2.20 the way it looks.

I feel Like I am getting close to just quit running Sims. I ran Silent Hunter sub sim's

and Flight Sim 9 and just removed them. As you see my PC is Low end and very old.

Well I guess I better hang up my crying towel for now.

One Last Question if my some strange miracle I did get 3.11 installed what version would it show down in the corner right now with the 3.0 patch it shows Ver 2.20?

Regards

Lane.

Unless I get a quick understanding on how to install the 3.11 Patch this may the end for me.

Put the gun down. This is doable. ;)

I don't have the vehicle pack as yet. I go to the download

location and I see all 9 files with check mark's?? Do I download all them except the

Vehicle bin file?

If you don't have the Vehicle Pack then you download ALL of the files listed, period.

When they are finished downloading they will all be in a single zip or .rar file. You will have to click open that file, then extract the contents into spare folder, or you can make a new folder on your desktop to put them in by right clicking on it then going New --> Folder. Once you've done that go into that folder and click on the CMBN_Setup file and away you go.

One Last Question if my some strange miracle I did get 3.11 installed what version would it show down in the corner right now with the 3.0 patch it shows Ver 2.20?

It shows 3.11.

Venerable Sir, you are not the only one with the updating challenge so you can feel a bit better. I will try to help you.

I'm much less then half your age and it wasn't a walk in the park for me either.

I had no problems installing the patch after battlefront stuff explained to me things that puzzled me though.

So here we go.

2.20 version is the correct one for 3.0 upgrade. When you will install 3.11 patch you will have 3.0 game engine and 3.11 version written in the nain game menu just below your Market Garden and CW icons. But first things first.

Leave all the files ticked as per default when you go to download page. Since the file is 1 gygabyte big it will take some time before it will download. When it downloads they will all be in a single zip or .rar file. You will have to click open that file, then extract the contents into spare folder, or you can make a new folder on your desktop to put them in by right clicking on it then going New --> Folder. Once you've done that go into that folder and click on the CMBN_Setup file and away you go.

Since you don't have Vehicle Pack the game will ask you to activate it. First serial you need to enter is the 3.0 serial key that you can find at battlefront's site on the page which shows your purchased items. Next to the order number you get serial key number. Copy it and paste it where it asks you to do so. Activate it.

For now you will only have base game patched to 3.11 version without the two modules. Now go to your desktop and try to find battlefront activation shortcut icon. If it isn't there then go to start, battlefront, activation and run it. Now first enter CW serial key (you can find it exactly where 3.0 serial resides). Activate it.

Run the activation shortcut again and now enter and activate MG serial key.

Start the game.

Hope it works and if it doesn't don't give up and let us know so that we try to help you.

Good luck.

Edit: Added the zip/rad comment to my text from above kind poster.

First try "No Cigar" Back to drawing Board.

Step one. download all the 9 files and used 7-zip to extract files in folder on desk top

unzip and had a file folder called Files inside I used the top file CMBN set up file.

Here were I may have may a mistake? I set the install path as same location as my original CMBN-CW-MG Ver 2.20 after I ran the install it was the same CM Ver 2.20

Nothing had changed all modules were working. I wonder if I need to install in a different Location?

Will try tonight I need to get some sleep.

Regards

Lane

The description is a little confusing. After extracting the files from the zip, are all the downloaded files located in the same folder?

If they are, I would double check to make sure the install path is correct. It might help to type it out here. Make sure it's targeting the root CMBN directory and nothing inside of it.

First try "No Cigar" Back to drawing Board.

Step one. download all the 9 files and used 7-zip to extract files in folder on desk top

unzip and had a file folder called Files inside I used the top file CMBN set up file.

Here were I may have may a mistake? I set the install path as same location as my original CMBN-CW-MG Ver 2.20 after I ran the install it was the same CM Ver 2.20

Nothing had changed all modules were working. I wonder if I need to install in a different Location?

Will try tonight I need to get some sleep.

Regards

Lane

One thing I see the setup routine do occasionally is add an additional "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy" to the end of your path when you tell it where to install too. Is it possible that when you selected your path to the existing install it, instead, installed in to a directory under that called "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy". If so it would explain what you are seeing.

If you are up for it have a look in the directory where your game is installed and see if there is a folder with that name in there.

If all of us helping you is not helping then go to the pros: http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

Found Problem. ian.lestie hit the nail right on the head. I have a additional Combat Mission Battle for Normandy Folder inside my CMBN-CW-MG ver 2.20 with the 3.11 files. inside. Sorry I got to go. for now. Please advise me what I should do now??

Will check back later to work on problem.

Thank's guys

Regards

Lane

My installation address is: C:\PC Games\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy

Open the folder where you have your game installed.

You should see the following folders when you get to the base game folder suitable for installation address (check my below screenshot for easier orientation):

-Data

-Game files

-Misc

-Mood tools

-plugins

If you see them in your folder then you are at the right place.

Check my screenshot of my root game directory below.

Copy that address as per screenshot directives and when the patch installation asks you for installation address you just paste it and you will be fine.

:)

9j2n1v.jpg

Well I am back for the night. yes I have a extra Cmbn Folder with the 3.11 patch files.

in my CMBN-CW-MG Ver 2.20 Folder " Thank God it did not mess it up."

I guess the next thing to done is Delete the Extra CMBN Folder. and run the installer again. And try to see when wrong with my install path.

This is path I had set. C:\Documents and settings\Lane\My Documents\Combat mission Battle for Normandy. I think I need to move my Combat Mission Battle for Normandy Ver 2.20 to a different Location. And hope I don't mess it up.

Update: Just delete the extra the Combat mission Folder. the one with the 3.11 files.

that was inside my Ver 2.20. Fired up the Ver 2.20 working fine.

I think I will try to move 2.20 CMBN-CW-MG Folder to a simple Location. So to set the installer 3.11 to this location.

Update: Going to see if I can move the CMBN to simple path Like Hister. show his.

Lane

I don't know what moving the game would accomplish. It really shouldn't matter where it is installed.

I don't know what your installation is like. My CMBN is all in one folder, but later CM titles -- Red Thunder and Black Sea -- are split, with the .exe and data in one folder and the game files and mods located in an entirely different folder on a different drive because BFC changed the file structure at some point. The important thing is that your install path points to the folder containing the .exe file (or Application file as it is now called). So my advice is to look in your C:\Documents and settings\Lane\My Documents\Combat mission Battle for Normandy folder to make sure that file is in there. If it is not then you're installing the patch to the wrong place.

YFnedm.jpg

Thank's Vanir Ausf B.

I am sure you understand the above. but it's a Little over my head.

I moved my CMBN-CW-MG to C:\PC Games\Combat mission Battle for Normandy.

Hope this will be a little more easy to set my installer. for the 3.11 patch.

Thank's again

Regards

Lane

Auch Zane, by "moving" you mean you manually cut or copy pasted the game? If yes then your shortcuts wont work any more since they will try to start the .exe file in the location that does not exist any more. You can change shorcut's settings though so it's not fatal. What I'm more worried is copy protection (DRM) - don't know how that will work.

If you manage to start your game in new location just fine then no worries.

Let us know how it goes.

Hister, I did move my whole Combat Mission Battle for Normandy Folder Ver 2.20

to C:\PC Games\ Combat Mission Battle for Normandy. Just like your Screen shot. showed.

Ran the installer "Success." "Then the Activate game." With the serial numbers.

Then after Hrs of copy and Past I finally got all the right serial numbers installed.

Fired the game up and all the modules are turned on. CW and MG

And down at bottom it says Game Engine 3 and Ver 3.11.

So I guess it's good to Go.

Thank's Guys for your help. I guess i can say "SUCCESS SUCCESS" 3.11 patch installed.

I guess I can say this Thread is Closed.

Regards

Lane