Is the binocular-bonus per soldier or per squad?

It is tracked based on possession.

And, I'll guarantee that if the guy holding the binos takes a hit, the bullet will smash the glass. Just sayin'.

So, if you split a team for scouting, track the binos. I mean, if you use your scouts to look. But what good does that do? Me, I like to find the danger zones. For that, I need scouts who can get hit.

"Jenkins! Go on over there. I need to know if Jerry is over that way."

Crack. "Ahhh!!!".

"Okay, men. See where Jenkins just got hit? Right. Jerry can shoot you if you go there."

That's how to scout. ;)

Tree trunk? I don't think so. I seem to recall that the close-in trees are "unbalanced". They don't block outgoing LOS/LOF. (As I remember it.) This allows for the modeling of micro-positioning without the concomitant CPU cycles needed for the TacAI to move individuals a few cm left or right. Yet, those same trees WILL block LOS/LOF from distant enemies. (Hence, you get the benefit, not the drawbacks.)

Individual with binos is the one that spots better.

(If there's a spotting issue, remember that the spotting times are not continuous. Units get polled for spotting at different intervals and with different initial "seeds".)

Ken

Me, I like to find the danger zones. For that, I need scouts who can get hit.

"Jenkins! Go on over there. I need to know if Jerry is over that way."

Crack. "Ahhh!!!".

"Okay, men. See where Jenkins just got hit? Right. Jerry can shoot you if you go there."

That's how to scout. ;)

Once again you have reminded me of how very, very, VERY glad I am never to have served under your command.

:D

Michael

Michael Emrys,

Am somewhat befogged, so wasn't keeping track of all the thread participants, but the callous business about Recon By Wound (or Recon By Death) reminded me of c3k, and I was about to say something--until I realized the poster was indeed the amalgamation of U.S. Grant and Georgi Zhukov when it comes to not caring about your troops. I like c3k, but certainly wouldn't want to serve under him. Ever.

Regards,

John Kettler

Michael Emrys,

Am somewhat befogged, so wasn't keeping track of all the thread participants, but the callous business about Recon By Wound (or Recon By Death) reminded me of c3k, and I was about to say something--until I realized the poster was indeed the amalgamation of U.S. Grant and Georgi Zhukov when it comes to not caring about your troops. I like c3k, but certainly wouldn't want to serve under him. Ever.

Regards,

John Kettler

Great gobs of...something. It's not that I order them to wantonly die, it's that they DESIRE it to SHOW me their devotion. Really. Or so the dispatch runners tell me. Glass of port before you return?