New file at the Repository: Day of Days part8 (2014-09-12)

Ok Day of Days is a scenario/mod pack for USMC module I uploaded that apparently doesnt have all the goodies attached. Should be 8 parts total with the scenario .btt file and some of my mod tinkering in the first upload then some of our fine artists work added with some slight modifications to fit the scenario. The readme is in the first upload so hopefully it will appear soon.

Not sure why they approved the later files before the first ones. Anyway maybe they will show up soon and if so I hope you will enjoy the fight. Be sure to read the notes if they appear explaining what is going on. :confused:

Some of Kiemes fine mods are included with some minor tweaking to fit my scenario.

I may have added a folder twice but it looks like parts 1 and 2 have been lost in cyber space somewhere so I will probably delete the other parts and try the upload again. I was looking for a easy way to include the mods used in the scenario as well as the modifications I made in one package but looks like I will have to try another route...:)

I was wondering why it was uploaded since I couldn't find much different stuff. I think some of the ground tiles are a different color and have different dates on them - one is lighter.

dragonwynn: can you tell us what is different to what Kieme already uploaded a few weeks ago?? (A readme file would be useful.)

Yes there were a few tiles from Kiemes excellent work that I added a dust and dirt effect to some of the road and ground tiles. In my scenario which is a urban operation I wanted the city to appear a bit weathered and dirty so to speak so I modified a few of the tiles to add this effect. Those along with my personal work on the M1 abrams, some reworked rubble etc. and dirtied up Lav's from Z Gems Sand Lav were ment to add to the atmosphere and were included in the uploads.

Since Parts 1 and 2 never showed up all the others are useless I suppose as part 1 had scenario file as well as notes on the whole process. Sorry for the confusion and I am not sure why Parts 1 and 2 never made it up. They were the first two I uploaded.

I see you have made the roads browner/dustier. I look forward to seeing the in-game effect.

But, it would be very helpful if you gave us a list of what files are new and different from what Kieme did, so we don't have to go through and look at everything. (Am assuming you didn't alter everything.)

Thanks Erwin. I started deleting the previous uploads and stumbled on parts 1 and 2 in the repository *sigh*. For some reason those 2 uploads didnt show up in the newest upload section so I missed them completely. Now parts 6 and 7 have been deleted and I'm not sure exactly what was in those uploads. Trying to get this scenario up has turned out to be a real adventure.

The notes in Part 1 describe some of the changes I had made to a few of the files ( it wasn't that many in Kiemes work), just a little dirting and dusting of a few of the ground, road and wall textures from his outstanding mods. The rest was some of my vehicle texture tweaking ( abrams and Gordon molek's Lav's) to add to the atmosphere and I included some other mods from other authors just to of have them available with the scenario without hunting them down.

I may just delete the whole thing and try again at a later time. The scenario can be played without any of the mods but I like to add detail and atmosphere to my scenarios to hopefully add to the enjoyment for those who play them. This is only my second scenario attempt so I am still learning.

Hopefully I didn't upset anyone by adding or tweaking any mods as all the work done here is top notch by these authors and I wanted them to have all the credit due.