Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Ok anybody else notice this about QB's??

Take for example a QB between British mixed and German mixed.

If I select a Rifle Battalion the Carrier section is missing the carriers as is the entire Battalion missing all motorized vehicles.

When selecting the same formation in Scenario Editor everything is in place.

Can anyone explain this reasoning to me.:confused:

Who's on first, What's on second, I don't know is on third

Mech.Gato

Hmmm, away from my gaming machine atm.

In QB, isn't there an option for Infantry? If a unit shows up there, it is pure infantry: all vehicles stripped out. (Done that way so those who don't want vehicles, which drive up costs, can have it.)

If you purchase the same unit in Mixed or Armored (if possible), the vehicles should be there.

For example, German panzergrenadiers have different squad sizes and equipment than infantry. If I just want a dismounted platoon of pzgr, this would be the only way to get them.

All the above if from a dim, distant, and dark, past.

Ken

Edited to add: D'oh! Just reread your post where you clearly state you used "mixed" for the force type.

Yes I have the 3.0 upgrade, CMMG, 2.0 upgrade and all patches.

There is no "dismounted" option for a British Rifle Bn. Scenario Editor selection of same unit gives all vehicles inherit to unit. QB gives me spit for inherit vehicles. Even if I have Force Adjustment set to minus, no change or plus.

Also since reinstalling the game after my PC crashed the game files are split between my "Program Files X86" and my Documents folder. This is the same for CMBN and CMRT.

Is this standard for install now with 3.0 as I do not remember it being this way.

My chances are slim to none, and slim just left town.

Mech.Gato

Right. But the OP stated "as is the entire Battalion missing all motorized vehicles."

Ah. I get your drift now. You're saying that if the "Mech infantry" tab had been selected, there would have been a) vehicles within the TO, and B) a "dismounted" option for the Bttn. Since Gato can't see a "dismounted" option, you're thinking he had the "Infantry" tab selected when he picked his Bttn. I'd agree.

Gato, just because you select "Mixed" doesn't mean the "Infantry-tab" elements have their vehicles. You have to pick the Bttn from the "Mechanised infantry" selection, or the vehicles are elided within the QB menu. It's not worth comparing the TO in QB selection to the TO in scenario design, since differing criteria are used to determine what is and is not available.

Thanks to you all for taking the time and effort to figure out my problem and provide a viable solution. I appreciate it very much.

So now I understand the TO&E can be adjusted by QB to even out the battle due to points and other considerations. It does make sense now.

Since this is a meeting engagement on a medium map, the scouts if equipped with Bren Carriers as per TO&E, would ride circles around the "Hermans" who are probably all straight leg infantry. So the QB adjusts for this.

I see said the blind man to his deaf son as he picked up the hammer and saw.

Mech.Gato

Free your mind and your ass will follow

Thanks to you all for taking the time and effort to figure out my problem and provide a viable solution. I appreciate it very much.

So now I understand the TO&E can be adjusted by QB to even out the battle due to points and other considerations. It does make sense now.

Since this is a meeting engagement on a medium map, the scouts if equipped with Bren Carriers as per TO&E, would ride circles around the "Hermans" who are probably all straight leg infantry. So the QB adjusts for this.

No, not really. Only if you pick "Infantry Only" as the force type in the QB setup screen. If you do that, the Mech Infantry and Armour lines in that selection bottom left will not be available, and you'll only be able to select Infantry formations denuded of every vehicle they ordinarily would have. Leaving it on Mixed, for both sides, there's no reason at all that the "Hermans" would be all straight leg infantry. They could have tanks, armoured cars and recce halftracks along hanomags, trucks and kubels for infantry mobility.

The QB doesn't adjust unless you tell it to.