Modding SF while waiting for black sea..

Hi all,

a recent idea I have been developing, useful for CMSF and the upcoming modern title.

Back at that time I had no idea of how to mod anything in CMSF.

I am looking for something to represent a building under construction and/or a multi-storey parking.

ja8ktv.jpg

1zlc510.jpg

There are some ugly black lines around the Alpha channeled facades, not sure if I'll be able to get rid of them because they don't show up on the textures. Moreover, those lines are not "catched" by the AntiAlias filter.

Note: removed Windows and doors by scenario design.

334kgls.jpg

Old trick to stuck vehicles inside buildings...

1h7zfl.jpg

Another old trick to make a building look like under construction from the basement, with 1 floor underground, 1 half under, and 3 outside, needs at least a door to enter, but can be "gameable".

Speaking of it, with the no doors/Windows setup the building can't be used to fight, despite looking like the units inside have free LOS they don't because there are no Windows in truth... a bit of a problem, but the structure can be used as cover and the top floor is free of problems.

Similar textures might be useful to make a modern looking industrial structure, made up of pre-fabs, at least, in that case, the absence of Windows is ok.

Do you have any idea about the modern setting that you would like to be represented in game somehow? (considering the boundaries mods must keep in).

Thanks Erwin,

problem is that CMMODS has no CMSF page anymore, so I belive that anything that isn't in the repository here is lost or at least not accessible.

I browsed the full repository and considering the forums have 90 pages I wonder what's hidden in there. Moreover, many old posts show the pictures no more unfortunately.

I think GAJ dropped the CMSF links because most moved along to CMFI, CMBN, CMRT. I doubt he trashed them. Remains to be seen if ChrisND can make CMSF mods usable in the CMSF 3.0 engine upgrade. This will be a while out as CMBS will be on the market before CMSF work will start I suspect.