Well Now That We're Beating Dead Horses

I have the base game and several of the expansions on my iPad. I have to admit, I enjoy the game quite a bit. I play other war/strategy games on my iPad, but BA is definitely one of my favorites. As a mobile game, I find it perfect. "Light" enough to pick up and play at any time, but still giving a decent representation of WWII tactics. It's no in-depth combat simulator, but finds a good mix between realistic and accessible.

It is a fun wargame, a little light on realism, but still plenty of tactical decisions to keep a grognard happy. At least in my opinion. Facing, armor is modeled on all sides of tanks, moving in reverse, flanking shots. Many, many different units.

It's very fun against a human opponent, and you will definitely get a good challenge.

Anyway, it's fun.

db_zero (or anyone) - if you are ever interested in having a game, let me know. I would love to get in a game against a human being, if that is what you are. :o)

When I bought it I was mobile and I figured it would run decently on the laptop I had and it did. The comic book style didn't really turn me off-I have a collection of old war comics- Sgt. Rock, Haunted Tank, Wierd War, Sgt Fury and other stuff.

I guess like Close Combat and others, BA went by the wayside once CMBN came onto the scene.

What I would really like to see is a Combat Mission Sandbox game where you not only have a map/scenario editor, but also the ability to edit everything so you could simulate everything from WW2 to the Present.

I'm not holding my breath. This is the bread and butter for the devs and what would they give away everything.

I would really like to see stuff like the Arab-Israeli conflict, Cold War and modern Asia.

It is a fun wargame, a little light on realism, but still plenty of tactical decisions to keep a grognard happy. At least in my opinion. Facing, armor is modeled on all sides of tanks, moving in reverse, flanking shots. Many, many different units.

It's very fun against a human opponent, and you will definitely get a good challenge.

Anyway, it's fun.

db_zero (or anyone) - if you are ever interested in having a game, let me know. I would love to get in a game against a human being, if that is what you are. :o)

I have enough h2h games spanning Normandy, Italy and the Eastern Front going on at the moment and I don't have BA installed anymore.

I'm also probably going to start playing Civ5 game of the month soon-as if I don't have enough going on.