Where is our beloved "Dushka?"

Unless I'm missing something, as of yet there seems to be no Soviet DShK heavy machinegun in the game. It surprises me because it's so widely used today in the Middle East that I'd imagine BFC has it already in the modern games.

The Guards divisions in Bagration had antiaircraft machinegun companies that (at full strength) had 48 personnel, 9 DShK weapons, and 9 trucks.

This MG had a slow rate of fire but really packed a punch and would make huge difference on the ground as a heavy infantry support weapon. It had a wheeled carriage that let it be used in a ground role, and when mounted on the trucks it would be a nasty AA weapon against low-flying Stukas.

Please tell me a future RT version will have the Dushka, and that it will be dismountable if it comes mounted on AA MG Company trucks.

In the meantime, what existing weapon would be the best workaround substitute for an AA MG Company in a ground role?

To put it simply, DShK was in the game right up until the last build before release. I was even in screenshots, if you recall. I think at the last moment they went to pull the HMG from a particular section of the TO&E and instead the HMG disappeared entirely. Ooops! Steve jumped a foot when he discovered that. Its high on the list to include in the eventual patch. About that patch, that another funny story [story redacted]. ;)

To put it simply, DShK was in the game right up until the last build before release. I was even in screenshots, if you recall. I think at the last moment they went to pull the HMG from a particular section of the TO&E and instead the HMG disappeared entirely. Ooops! Steve jumped a foot when he discovered that. Its high on the list to include in the eventual patch. About that patch, that another funny story [story redacted]. ;)

Now that's just mean Mikey! LOL

Interesting comments on Chris's YouTube (Sacrifice for New Religion - doing better than I did....)

Cmbn 3 now with Beta testers, possibility of refreshing sounds. Was kind of hoping a CMFI pack was on the way, but doesn't sound like it is happening yet. Shame CMBN scenarios won't be re-done with triggers, but understandable.

Interesting comments on Chris's YouTube (Sacrifice for New Religion - doing better than I did....)

Cmbn 3 now with Beta testers, possibility of refreshing sounds. Was kind of hoping a CMFI pack was on the way, but doesn't sound like it is happening yet. Shame CMBN scenarios won't be re-done with triggers, but understandable.

possibility of refreshing sounds?

What does that mean?

I think it's very early days, and by no means guaranteed, but Chris responded to a question re sounds, saying that he thought sounds were worth a look, he has some ideas but would need to get approved for him to work on it.

So does that mean a new soundset or what? I'm still not following.