New file at the Repository: CMRT Gates of Warsaw (2014-06-30)

The Soviets have advanced rapidly in the past days and are now at the Gates of Warsaw, but may have overstretched themselves. Field Marshall Model feels the time has come for a counter offensive. Reinforcements for this counter stroke are brought into the area as fast as possible. Even though not yet complete, he orders the German 19th Panzer Division to counterattack right away near Radzymin on 30 July 1944. Play as Axis vs AI or H2H. Map size: 1504 x 2320. Force size: Company (+).

More...

Do let me know how H2H works out. It was not playtested H2H (a scenario almost never is). I designed it in a way that I think makes sense for H2H play. Sort of like I did for CMRT Firebrigade von Saucken. Feedback is always scarce, especially for H2H. But going by your feedback, Firebrigade did okay in H2H. I expect this new battle will do likewise.

Hello...

After downloading this scenario and having a look at it i could not help myself from starting to play it... eventhough i have an other game going.

This looks like a fun scenario...

I have played the first 15 minutes (the recon part)...

I have discovered a few MINOR flaws that i thought i would bring to your attention...

1. You might have missed to remove a few of the terrain-objective tiles for PHASELINE 2.

there are 2 tiles in Zwierzynic about 80 meters north of the main terrain objective line.

One more terrain objective tile are located about 200 meters west of the village and about 50 meters north of the main line...

2. A small typo (i think) in the briefingscreen (plan section)...It now says T35/85. Not T34/85.

3. According to the briefing the player will recieve a 20mm self propelled flak veichle along with the panthers...The flak veichle never shows up...

Thanks for the scenario. I'm sure it will be a blast to play...

And right you are RepsolCBR. Last minute changes when you are tired are usually a bad idea...

I have corrected all 3 points you raised. I have already submitted v1.1 to the repository, so it should come up soon.

The few terrain objective tiles for Phaseline 2 do not affect the battle at all, nor does the typo in the briefing text.

Concerning the flak vehicles, the correct ETA is 1530.

You can continue your game if you like, it's all minor as you said. You should be a playtester :)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

happy i could help :)

You should be a playtester :)

That would be intresting...

but my summer hollidays are comming up and i have gotten an idea for a new project to work on. I doubt that i will have very much time spare during the next couple of weeks atleast.

I learned a couple of things with my first scenario atempt for CMRT that hopefully will make this project more succesful...

I will still play other scenarios of course and try to leave comments for thoose but it might take me some time (to long) to finish them to be useful as a tester...

I will finish the 2 games i'm playing right now (including this one) and then start doing some work on my holliday project...

You can continue your game if you like, it's all minor as you said.

Good !

I'm quite happy with my start on this one...

I have been able to keep my casualties low so far and have been able to make good progress and inflicted some casualties on my enemy...Time to get thoose panthers moving :)

I

Was your first attempt at making a scenario not succesful? In what sense?

Making a scenario is one thing, making a good one is another. That's why I value feedback on the stuff I make. Otherwise it is quite difficult to know if you are on the right track. It is unfortunate that player feedback is so scarce in this community. Look at the repository. CMRT Firebrigade has been downloaded almost 600 times. Only 14 ratings. But that's the way it is. It does not stop me from making new ones though.

With every new scenario you learn. I have put out scenarios of varying size now, some armor heavy, some infantry heavy and mixes of that. Smaller maps, bigger maps. Right now I am working on an urban scenario. That is very different to make I am experiencing. But trying something new is fun.

Thanks for your feedback on my stuff. Highly appreciated. And good luck on your project!

Was your first attempt at making a scenario not succesful? In what sense?!

Ooh, the main reason i think was bad initial planing...

I got an idea i thought was a good one and set about trying to make such a scenario without fully considering the limitations or the current engine...

I ended up not having enough AI groups to be able to do what i intended for one thing.

One other thing was that i am not very experienced in what the AI will be able to do or not as of yet...(i have only made ...i think...3 simple scenarios for CMFI before this one.)

Among other things i thought that i would be able to get the AI to drive down a twisting road in a fluid way...This proved to be very difficult to do unfortunatelly...

My original plan was a bit to ambitious i think...

With every new scenario you learn.

This is true. I have learned a number of things working on this one...

Before starting on my new project i have decided to have one more try with this first one.

I have come up with some new ideas that i think will work and that has a good chans to result in a good (hopefully) scenario.

I will make it a pure PLAYER attack scenario and not a multi task...ATTACK-DEFEND scenario that i had originally planed...

I will make some changes to the briefing, the map and the force selection to make this work...It should be doable..:)

With no complicated AI attack in the second part of the mission the 16 avaliable AI groups should be enough...

Perhaps some minor counterattack and defencive repossitioning will be all thats needed...

It is unfortunate that player feedback is so scarce in this community. Look at the repository. CMRT Firebrigade has been downloaded almost 600 times. Only 14 ratings.

Yes..This is a pitty.

After starting to design scenarios myself i have come to understand that feedback is very useful for the designers...good or bad.

Before i have not been the best either to give feedback but from now on i will try to give some feedback on the scenarios i play...

But that's the way it is. It does not stop me from making new ones though.

That's good to hear !

You truely make some top quality work and are one of the most productive members in the comunity when i comes to making scenarios.

much appriciated ! :)

Thanks for your feedback on my stuff. Highly appreciated. And good luck on your project!

Your welcome. And..thank you !