Head count?

Just working on a historical scenario.....is there anyway to get a head count of a unit. Have references noting that say a company had 125 men left etc. How would one determine the actual 100% value re. men of said company using the scenario editor? Then of course reduce the company by an amount of say 30% or what not.

Any mod that allows the reduction of units or OOB greater than the set max of 50%?

The only way I am aware of getting a head count is to put the unit into a QB and start it or use the editor deploy units and hand count the guys on the field.

The order of battle is not mod able, so, nope no way to reduce below 50%. How ever what you can do is remove an entire platoon from a company or remove a squad from a platoon. That can take the overall head count below 50% for higher level units.

My method is similar to that suggested by Ian Leslie. I put the unit into the editor and do a physical headcount which I break up into unit chunks eg Pl HQ = 4 men, 1 Squad = 10 men etc. I find it is better than the other method suggested because it allows me to weight certain units as VPs if I desire eg the player gets more points for killing the Pl HQ rather than the squad.

That said, most of my CMSF scenarios worked on a 1 person = 1 VP for red and 1 person = 10 VPs for blue casualties.